“Splurge, you're worth it!”

The Trading Rooms Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 30 Restaurants in Akaroa
Cuisines: French, Contemporary, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic
Description: Exciting modern cooking, fine wine selection, beautiful sunset harbour views from the terrace. The Trading Rooms is a timeless historic venue, perfect for your special occasion.
Reviewed May 30, 2014

I got out of my American comfort zone and had the lamb dinner special. This consisted of roast lamb loin which was so tender and another lamb dish. The veggies were good, crisp, and had two purees, one with cumin. Excellent dinner with professional staff.

There are newer reviews for The Trading Rooms Restaurant

Reviewed May 29, 2014

My groom, and friends had our wedding dinner here, and I was nervous as we hadn't dined here before. We couldn't have asked for a more sumptuous dinner, it was so incredibly good, and I am so very grateful for the fabulous service and utterly goregous meals that the eight of us had on our very special night. Thankyou for making our wedding dinner so very memorable, we plan to go back on our anniversay and do it all again.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

me and my girlfriend we decided to stop there for lunch. Nice combination of salmon and lovely wine list! I loved every single aspect of the restaurant and that's why they deserve a 5 *

Reviewed May 9, 2014

It was a warm and sunny day, we had lunch after our cruise. The food was great ! All 12 of us enjoyed our food and we had dozens of Bluff Oysters which was in season.

Reviewed May 8, 2014

Every time I dine here the food is amazing, the view is stunning, the staff are super super friendly and knowledgeable, the building is spotless and the experience is always a special one. I am a huge fan of the Fruits De Mer seafood platter, Oysters and the chocolate fondant - must haves. The menu really showcases the local produce and seafood and the wine list has some gems on it. Always an enjoyable experience. Thank you Stephen and Kathryn and The Trading Rooms - 10/10.