“Hands down, best restaurant in Akaroa.”

The Trading Rooms Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 30 Restaurants in Akaroa
Cuisines: French, Contemporary, British
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Description: Semi-fine dining dinner atmosphere and casual lunch experience, fine wine selection, beautiful sunset harbour views from the terrace. The Trading Rooms is a timeless historic venue, perfect for your special occasion.
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Every time I dine here the food is amazing, the view is stunning, the staff are super super friendly and knowledgeable, the building is spotless and the experience is always a special one. I am a huge fan of the Fruits De Mer seafood platter, Oysters and the chocolate fondant - must haves. The menu really showcases the local produce and seafood and the wine list has some gems on it. Always an enjoyable experience. Thank you Stephen and Kathryn and The Trading Rooms - 10/10.

Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

This was our second visit to the trading rooms, we ate here a while ago and really enjoyed it so on our latest visit to akaroa we decided to return for dinner and we were not disappointed! My partner had terrine with a yummy Fijoa chutney follow by venison! He loved it! I chose the beef fillet which was cooked perfectly for how I like it! I wanted to lick the plate but restrained myself! The service was friendly and efficient with out being intrusive. Thank you the trading rooms

Reviewed May 1, 2014

The food was amazing. We both had special of the day which consisted of French opinion soup( my husband loved it) I had oysters which were very tasty. We had the Ribeye was cooked perfectly and glass of Bougelais. Staff was very friendly and sweet and nothing was too much trouble. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

1. The personal is kind
2. The place is nice
3. the food was good but a little "passe partout". Do not expect great taste and culinary discoveries. I also found the "salt and Pepper" of dishes very approximate. Don't wait too much

Reviewed April 26, 2014

We ate at The Trading Rooms after driving past looking for a well deserved feast after hiking the 'Banks Peninsula' track. The service we received was impeccable! Greeted a smile and friendliness, was just what we needed. Even though the Trading Rooms was busy, everything came at a timely manner, not even the slightest sense of wait, for food or beverage.
The food then, was absolutely divine!!!! Some of the best steak and home made thick chips I have had in a long time!
Thank you to Maggie and Daisy for your lovely service! Fantastic, beautiful place!! Definitely recommend going to Akaroa to go here!