“Great view and decent food”

Bully Hayes Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #7 of 31 Restaurants in Akaroa
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary, International, New Zealand
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Akaroa’s Premier Waterfront Dining Spot. Relax and enjoy the spectacular panoramic views of Akaroa Harbour whilst you dine in any of our indoor and outdoor dining areas including our sheltered courtyard garden with children’s play area. Specialising in contemporary New Zealand cuisine that uses fresh local produce to create dishes that perfectly blend a mix of traditional tastes and modern flavours. An extensive menu to suit any taste with the largest selection of seafood in Akaroa. Innovative and award-winning cuisine to suit any budget at any time of the day. To complement your dining experience, we offer the" Monteiths" family of craft beers on tap and in the bottle alongside an extensive New Zealand wine list and a comprehensive menu of non-alcoholic beverages. Visit Bully Hayes for welcoming friendly service in a sunny seaside location and we will make your dining experience both a memorable and relaxing one.
Reviewed November 4, 2018

When our dolphin swim was cancelled, we decided to stay in town, check out the shops, and have lunch. The woman at the Black Cat Cruises said this was a "consistent" choice. We had sandwiches and cider and looked out at the harbor. It was a lovely view and the food was fairly good. Service was good too.

Date of visit: October 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,019)

Reviewed November 3, 2018

A lovely relaxed atmosphere to catch up with old friends over a casual brunch, good coffee, great friendly service and the food was lovely

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed November 2, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stopped in for a bite after a tour and a visit in Akaroa. My husband had a dark beer and the chicken sandwich and I had the peach tea and the steak sandwich. My husband’s meal was fried chicken with a ham slice and a great BBQ sauce with fries he liked his meal but the fries were just ordinary. I liked my steak sandwich but had the same reaction to the fries. The peach tea was terrific so was the beer. The service was great and friendly and we ate outside overlooking the harbor on a fantastic spring day. My suggestion would be to have hand cut fries and this review would be a 5. Good spot for lunch

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed October 24, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I dined at Bully Hayes on 4 separate occasions for three reasons - firstly, it was recommended by our friends, secondly it was Open and thirdly the meals and service were fantastic and exceeded our expectations. They have an extensive menu and a large number of wines to choose from. I would highly recommend when dining here when visiting Akaroa.

Reviewed October 17, 2018

This is a good restaurant/cafe with friendly staff and a very broad menu option. We enjoyed the "bacon - banana - syrup pancakes" with coffee & tea. Very large serving portions - but delicious. A first class establishment - we'd return again without hesitation!