“Great restaurant and bar right on the waterfront”

Bully Hayes Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #3 of 30 Restaurants in Akaroa
Cuisines: Bar, Seafood, European, Soups, New Zealand, International, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Bully Hayes Restaurant & Bar, Akaroa's Premier Dinning Spot. Open year round, seven days for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner or just a casual drink or coffee in the sun. Enjoy the spectacular panoramic views of Akaroa Harbour whilst you dine from any number of our indoor or outdoor dining areas. Sheltered garden area with childrens play area also. Specialising in comtempory New Zealand cuisine using fresh local produce with a mix of traditional and modern flavours. An extensive menu with alarge selection of seafood including freshly shucked oysters. Innovative and award winning cuisine all at prices to suit any budget. To compliment our dining menu we carry the" Monteiths" range of craft beers on tap and by the bottle along side an all embracing wine list and non alcoholic beverage menu.
London, UK
“Great restaurant and bar right on the waterfront”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I first stopped here quite late on my first night in Akaroa. Despite the fact that they were closing, they found me a table and were able to serve up the day's special, a fantastic whitebait omelette with local veggies. This was followed by what I can only describe as the best tiramisu I've ever tasted - simply amazing. I then ate there the following evening and again had a great meal. The staff were both friendly and professional. Highly recommended.

• Visited October 2013

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Nice location on the waterfront”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Nice waterside location to enjoy dinner. The seafood paella and the chowder was pretty good! Make sure to bring a jacket it gets chilly outside after the sunset.

• Visited November 2013
Queensland
“Lovely staff, nice food”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We went there each day of our stay and had breakfast. I had bacon eggs avocado, very generous serves, my husband had muesli fruit stack which he said was the biggest serve he had ever had. Had nice fish at lunchtime. Good coffee, tea. Each year we come here and it is consistently good.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank missiek
Melbourne
“Good Food, Friendly People”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We stayed in Akaroa over night and wanted a drink and a quick meal. We liked the look of Bully Hayes which is one of a few restaurants over looking the water. We were not disappointed. Good selection of beers and ciders on tap and we enjoyed our drinks in the garden at the rear. We ordered blue cod and chips and I think that's the best fish and chips I have ever had. I know it's not gourmet cooking but there's a definite art to making light crunchy batter and this was terrific. The fish was fresh and delightful.

My wife and I shared a death by chocolate desert which was also well done.

The staff were very friendly and efficient.

Highly recommended if you're in Akoroa.

• Visited October 2013
Tweed Heads, Australia
“Great desert!”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Really great quality food, substantial servings with a complimentary bowl of sald or vegetables. My favourite was the desert.

Visited October 2013