“Great fish and chips”

Ranked #5 of 30 Restaurants in Akaroa
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Me and my partner had been living in Asia and this was the first fish and chips we had had in nearly a year. We loved them. Good value for money. Tasty generous portions. The blue cod was delicious! It was very busy when we visited but the wait was worth it and the food was prepared in a timely manner. (Luckily not too quickly as it was prepared fresh too order.) I also liked the outdoor seating. I recommend this chippy!

1  Thank Claire G

Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Nice clean fish n chips. Unfortunately they were out of blue cod the day I visited but the orange roughy I got instead was lovely. Kumara chips were great & so was the gravy. New shop is nice and tidy. Great friendly service.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

we got takeaway fish n chips for a saturday lunch, very great staff and helpful with my glutenfree needs, the food and service was exceptional

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Great to find somewhere with gluten free takeaways, cooked in a separate vat. I ordered grilled blue cod and half a scoop of chips and it was heaps. Other gluten free products available. Quite pricey though.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

We were really looking forward to visiting Akaroa after hearing so much about it from our friends who were dropped in on a cruise about 6-weeks before we got there on Thursday 18 April.
Two days before leaving Melbourne I was listening to the radio and someone was talking about how much they enjoyed sitting opposite the wharf eating fish and chips.
So we were really looking forward to having fish (blue cod) and chips.
Boy, what a disappointment!
The place looked really clean and we ordered blue cod and potato fritters. (we call them potato cakes)
The fish was greasy and the potato fritters were out of a frozen packet and tasted stale.
I waited to order while the girl taking the orders continued her conversation with someone she knew.
Sorry the worst potatCould not recommend.
Alan