“A Fun Experience”
Review of A Classic Ride

A Classic Ride
Ranked #13 of 23 Tours in Akaroa
More attraction details
Owner description: The only Honda Goldwing & Sidecar Tours in New Zealand. A unique way to see the scenic highlights of Akaroa. If you love to have expeiences out of the ordinary take a tour with us. Tours range from a half hour to several hours. From a half hour tour of Akaroa highlights with views across the harbour and town to the longer Summit Rd tours with views to the outer bays and on clear days to the Southern Alps and Kaikoura Ranges, experience the changing scents of being driven through native bush and pine forest out into wide open spaces with spectacular views. Plenty of photo stops. Book online or contact by email to ensure your tour.
Bolton
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“A Fun Experience”
Reviewed February 2, 2012

We did a half hour spin around Akaroa in and on this beautiful machine. I have always wanted to have a spin on a Golwing. Had 15 minutes as pavilion and 15 mins in the side car. Both positions were very comfortable. Richard was polite and professional and being a local guy he was knowledgable on the area. We already knew Akaroa quite well and set him a challenge to take us somewhere we had not already been. He did and we enjoyed the trip very much and would recommend it to anyone. Richard was flexible and would take you, within reason, wherever you wanted to go. This is a beautiful machine and well maintained. Crash helmets provided. Do it!

1 Thank scorpio111

Canberra
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“A memorable tour and value for money”
Reviewed January 11, 2012

I booked this tour via the company's website, after reading good reviews after googling tours in Akaroa. I emailed Sue from the company with a few questions before the ride (I was a bit nervous about going on a bike) and she was very reassuring and informative.

When we walked off the pier at Akaroa we found Richard and his Honda Goldwing easily and although we were an hour early, he was very flexible and took us on the tour straight away.

The ride was definitely value for money. Akaroa is a stunning location and we saw lots of beautiful scenery on our hour long ride. Richard stopped often for photos, and was very knowledgeable about Akaroa. I had a great view from the sidecar and never felt nervous at all; I was very comfortable. My partner (who rides motorbikes) loved his ride as a passenger as well.

After talking to fellow visitors to Akaroa, I think this bike ride is the best tour there. Do it - you won't be disappointed.

Visited January 2012
Newcastle, Australia
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“(Gold)Winging it in beautiful Akaroa”
Reviewed December 22, 2011

We found ourselves in Akaroa with an hour to kill before our organised tour began. My 11 year son and I took a half hour ride on the Goldwing. It was a great way to explore this piece of paradise and Richard was generous with both his time and his local insights.

Visited December 2011
Brisbane, Australia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“You do not want to miss this ride in Akaroa!!!”
Reviewed December 12, 2011

My husband and I stepped off the tender (we were passengers on the Radiance of the Seas) with just a "plan" to wander around the town for a while and see what happens. My husband spotted Richard with his Honda Goldwing and the sidecar, not far from the wharf. We thought the fees were quite reasonable (you have choices of lengths of trips and cost); the bike, sidecar and helmets were all spick and span and Richard couldn't have been nicer (and he didn't pressure us, which was great). Richard supplied disposable "shower" type caps to put on before you put the helmet on, which was good. We didn't have any $NZ with us, so Richard stopped by one of the local banks. Too easy. The ride was FANTASTIC and we felt really safe all the time. I perched on the pillion seat and my husband opted for the sidecar (I'm short and he's tall....I got a brilliant view from the pillion seat). The scenery was beautiful and Richard stops for photos (make sure your camera's battery and card are both fresh). Akaroa is a truly beautiful spot and I am happy to suggest that you don't got past Richard and his bike without booking a ride. Cheers.

Visited November 2011
tevoleus, Owner at A Classic Ride, responded to this review, December 28, 2011
Glad you enjoyed the ride Kathy D & thanks very much for taking the time to be the first reviewer. Much appreciated. Payment options for those who don't want to go to the bank or ATM include cash in $AU, $US, $NZ, GBP & Euros or Visa or Mastercard by pre-booking by phone or via the Akaroa Visitor Centre when it is open.