“Avoid ”

Seaview Tavern
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Under new management and after a full refurbishment, the Seaview Hotel Fremantle is open for business with a fresh, modern and vibrant new menu, fantastic drinks selection and a friendly customer-focused team.Serving up our Chef's homemade specialties until 9pm each night, our restaurant is a veritable haven for lovers of great food in a relaxed atmosphere. Whether its a family catch up or a romantic dinner for two, the Seaview Hotel Fremantle has it covered.
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Went their tonight and it was bad from the start. Not much to chose from and they ran out of 2 main dishes. Even less to choose from. We had about 20 people and booked over a two weeks before. They knew we where coming so running out should not have happened that early in the night.

I had the fish and chips which was very greasy and could not eat it. My partner had reef and beef the steak was so small and thin, it was smaller then the palm of your hand. I noticed other reef and beefs with a lot bigger steaks it looked like they where running out and decided to make 1 steak into two or more.

Surprise surprise they ran out of desert they said we only have 7 deserts left and only two types first come first served. Who does that.

This place had bad food what they had left. And we could not recommended it at all.

SeaviewHotelFreo, General Manager at Seaview Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Firstly we would like to thank you for your feedback. We take all comments and reviews seriously, the positive or the negative it will be used to improve our customer serve.
The lack of the two choices on the current menu is because the new summer menu is coming out on the 18th November.
In regards to the steak size, all steaks are 250g when raw, if a steak is cooked well done (as requested) it does reduce in size.
Your table received a bottle of Champagne complimentary on the evening.

The Seaview team pride their selves on customer service and good food.
If the fish & chips were not cooked to your satisfaction it should have been brought to the attention of the wait staff on the night, it would have been rectified immediately.
The constructive criticism is appreciated and will be looked into further.

Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

We live locally to the Seaview and have seen it go through its various manifestations through the years. After seeing what once was a great local go seriously downhill, my wife and I were dubious to try it out.

How wrong were we!

We entered and were greeted by a smiley, friendly member of staff who was only too happy to help and chit chat with us. We expressed our delight about the new management and she suggested we look at the menu as that had also been revamped- short, to the point and very well priced. My wife ordered the salmon and I had the surf and turf. Food was beautifully presented and tasted sensational. We will be returning with friends.

Sarah2425, General Manager at Seaview Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Thank you very much for the good review. We have tried extremely hard over the past three months to turn the Seaview hotel around . I'm pleased you enjoyed everything and look forward to your next visit..
It will keep improving.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Worst dining experience of our lives - said by 6 people ALL of which has to send food back to the kitchen, including chicken that was still raw inside. NOT good for my pregnant friend. I don't know how this place is in business.

1  Thank jus f
Reviewed February 15, 2012

We had an absolutely terrible night here. Entree: Garlic bread and chorizo - the garlic bread was one slice of white toast, cut into four triangles - need I say more. We were the only people in the restaurant but were kept waiting to order for 15 minutes. My partner and I both went the rib eye (medium well) and this came out an hour and a half later (understandable if we werent the only people in there), when the steaks finally arrived, it was to find mine burnt to a crisp on the outside, bleeding and dripping on the inside, my partners was less burnt but also dripping. Would have sent back but we didnt have another hour and a half to wait. The chips were from a packet and I had to crack pepper over my steak that was supposed to have pepper sauce. They had a special going on that if you spent over $60, you would get a free bottle of white, red or champagne. When we left our uneaten meals at the table, and went to pay the bill this was not the case as we hadnt had house wine (might have mentioned that when we ordered the wine) and nor did they take off the price of the "house" wine- so for that experience we paid a nice $140. I will never, ever return there nor recommend anyone to try it!

1  Thank DG P
Reviewed December 10, 2011

Admittedly we were using a scoopon but as far as I know this doesn't mean you are meant to be served up food of lesser quality than those who are dinning at full price.
We arrived to find only one table occupied and not a staff member in site. After looking around for a few minutes we were greeted and seated but not before having it pointed out that they were not supposed to be taking any more scoopon bookings. But fortunately when we booked the new staff member was not aware of this.
Any way this could end up quite a long review so I'll keep the rest simple. Entre's- pork belly and chorizo. Chorizo was ok, pork belly deep fried cubes- fattier than any I've had and rubbery with wilted salad leaves complete with bug.
Mains- pork belly, same portion as entre with half cooked prawns. Serloin, over cooked but not too tuff with deep fried chunks of pumpkin, fried cherry tomatoes and a burnt "jus". Although the desserts had the possibility of being better (pre-made cakes etc) we decided to finish up. Needles to say we will not be going back and to top it off my stomach was disagreeing before we even left :(

1  Thank Churman