“Let down by service.”

CHAR CHAR RESTAURANT + BAR
Ranked #9 of 357 Restaurants in Fremantle
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Although great meal in a great location, the restaurant was terribly let down by service. The service was so bad our glasses were taken away and we weren't asked for refills. Nine times out of ten when we go out the beverage bill is higher than the meal but not in this case, I'm pretty sure they have good mark up on their drinks so sell, sell, sell. We had long waits before menus were brought to us especially after our meal and before desert. We also didn't wait for coffees after, as we weren't asked. When we left we didn't tell the front of house guy as he didn't ask how the meal was in fact he didn't even talk. I have rated this four out of five as the meal was excellent and I feel on any given night the service would be better. Better luck next time.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

We have been here before as the food is first class. The steaks were cooked to perfection as always and the staff were so attentive and efficient .The prices are reasonable considering the position of the resaurant besides the water. All six of us enjoyed our meal. I will take my staff there again next time I am in Fremantle.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Great looking place,good service (most of us left a tip) lots of steak options, bit overpriced. My steak was great, cooked perfectly. Good wine list. 6 people - 5 enjoyed their meal, one returned their meal.

1  Thank DGMcD
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Decided to have a birthday lunch at Char Char Bull. Beautiful day and good service. Entrees wonderful but the steak not that good. You would expect that a steak house would know how to cook a steak!! We ordered medium rare steaks and after 1 1/2 hours we were served 2 well done steaks. Went to see the cashier to tell them about our problem and we were told that they would cook us another one which was wonderful but after waiting so long I didn't think I could wait any longer for lunch. We don't mind paying for great food but unfortunately this was not. Will not go back nor recommend to friends.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Birthday party with friends. The service was great the food was great our waitress knew the menu and nothing was too much trouble