“Unconditionally the worst dining experience for me!!”
Review of The View - CLOSED

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
ANDAMOOKA
“Unconditionally the worst dining experience for me!!”
Reviewed December 13, 2011

This restaurants books must be an absolute laugh to any accountant. Its a wonder they even open their doors night after night.
Apart from the beautiful sunset view....there is nothing here to be enjoyed. The staff have either have no previous skills or training and also no guidance from the management.
With the time periods between and just order drinks and food were ridiculous and completely unacceptable.
I would not invite anyone to participate in this circus they call a restaurant.
DO NOT DINE HERE !!!
PS ....28 of us walked out without paying...This was a costly exercise on their part!

• Visited November 2011

Perth
“Disappointing”
Reviewed December 8, 2011

As with most of the other reviews we were also disappointed with this restaurant! The only thing it has going for it is the view!!! The food was tasteless! We used our entertainment voucher which saved a lot on the bill, we would have been even more disappointed if we had paid full price!

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank Karen M
Gold Coast, Australia
“Just Dreadful!”
Reviewed December 3, 2011

Not often I would write a review that is negative however I thought I would warn others to spend their money somewhere else.

It seems that many have preceded me!

Absolutely beautiful spot/location spoiled by apathetic staff.

THis restaurant coUld be something really special, but only if it had new owners and staff!

The wait time for everything was excessive. Wait for a menu, wait for an order, wait for the drinks, wait for food and even wait for the bill! Which was never delivered to the table, nor was any attempt made To do so.

I felt sorry for e people that arrived as we were leaving, they were given menus but the kitchen was closed. One of the waitresses actually mentioned this to the guy who was fixing up our bill, he shrugged his shoulders and said "oh well, nothing we can do about it"

He blamed the bad service on the kitchen, apparently they were having problems, no kiddIng!!!

Stay away!

MELBOURNE
“Very Disappointing”
Reviewed December 1, 2011

Poor Service, Poor Food and quite expensive ! the only thing this place has going for it is the View. Maybe try another place !

Visited November 2011
Port Hedland, Australia
“Tragic”
Reviewed November 21, 2011

My friend booked 28 of us in for her 30th birthday on a saturday evening 2 weeks ago. We arrived at 6pm looking for our table that was booked for the verandah. When we got there the table was for 16 people and inside the restaurant beside the bar. Other tables outside were full so we had to stay put.
There were numerous groups of different people within the 28 of us and we wanted to have our own bar tabs. Upon asking for this at the bar we were told they couldnt do this and that it all had to be booked to the table in total....
The waiters/waitresses came to the table to take drinks orders, but frequently didnt return with the drinks that people had ordered, or took them to other tables.
We asked to have menus to order food as it was an hour after we had arrived and were handed 2 menus for the table of 28 people. Handy..... One waitress took the initiative of printing us out paper menus as they had "run" out of other menus. However the printed menu turned out to be different to the original menu. I felt like i had just just order something easy to make it easy for them. I ordered steak and i asked for my sauce on the side which seemed to be an issue with the waitress, however she agreed to my request.
We didnt see any food for about 1.5 hours until we started complaining and eventually a few starters emerged. After that there was no sign of the main course (Most people hadn't ordered starters, just mains). We were then told by one of the waitresses that if we didn't get our food in 10 mins it was 50% off for the entire table. However we got a handful of meals within the 10 minute window and most of them were incorrect or belonged to another table. The waitress then told us that the food would be free. I got a meal at around 9.30/10.00pm that i don't think was mine but i was sooooooo hungry i had to eat something!

I have never been within such chaos and hope i never have to again. My overall review is that there was one competent waitress in the whole restaurant who actually was quite upset at what was happening and very apologetic.
I would not return to this restaurant after the utter negligence and casual attitude of most of its staff.

My friend whos birthday it was has written a letter of concern to the view with no reply or acknowledgement.

• Visited November 2011