“Great Pizza”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Went here for a pizza meal on a recommendation of the owner of an apartment that we were holidaying in. We weren't disappointed and would happily recommend the pizzas. We called in late that afternoon to book but were told they don't accept bookings but first in best dressed. He told us he would look after us when we came back later that night. He was true to his word and remembered us when we came back and gave us a nice table even though it was a Fri night and very busy.
Service was quick and efficient a d overall a good experience

1  Thank bribiejeff

Reviewed March 23, 2012

WEnt to the Roma for lunch on the recommendation of some friends -- disregard the bad publicity it was great. My wife and I had scallopini al funghi -- a huge dis of tender meat with a delicious mushroom sauce with small side dishes of delicious chips and salad.
My friends had chicken parmigana which filled the whole plate and the other one had a spaghetti dish which they all loved.
I can't comment on the cost as one of my friends picked up the bill ( wish I had more friends like that)
The restaurant is made up of several rooms and is typical old style Fremantle buildings which I personally love.
Great spot Great food, attentive and helpful waiters and waitresses -- give it a go

Reviewed March 11, 2012

Food delicious, excellent service and staff very friendly. Value for money. Only problem they don't take bookings and you need to queue for a table if not there early, but worth the wait.

Reviewed March 8, 2012

It’s hard to choose from among the many al fresco lunch opportunities on South Terrace near the intersection with Market Street (the area I think guidebooks call the “Cappuccino Strip”). Pizza Bella Roma has good food and a good shady lunch time sidewalk location with an interesting view of the building and tables across the street. My wife and I shared the special cannelloni Bella Roma at a sidewalk table at about 2:30 p.m. It was not difficult to get a table at that hour. The cannelloni was very tasty, and my wife especially enjoyed the chili oil that they prepared from herbs, chili, and olive oil. Our young waiter was very helpful. He asked some of the waitresses where to find a shop that we had been looking for based on the address (which often is futile in the South Terrace area). The food, service, and atmosphere were between very good and excellent. We paid cash, and we didn’t know until after we read the TripAdvisor reviews that Pizza Bella Roma is a cash-only restaurant. We note that the same restaurant is currently both #8 and #35 in TripAdviser rankings with the only difference being the address (14 South Terrace or just South Terrace) and reviews being equally divided among the two. If the two were combined, the overall ranking surely would be lower than #8. Nevertheless we recommend Pizza Bella Roma as one of the best values for enjoying a simple al fresco lunch in Fremantle.

1  Thank Staidthere
Reviewed February 12, 2012

myself & husband were taken here by friends in OZ while visiting. we sat outside. King prawn pasta and chicken carbanora and the garlic bread enjoyed by all. Staff friendly & reasonably priced. Would go again.