“EVERYTHING WE NEEDED”

Terrace Central B&B Hotel
Ranked #7 of 21 Fremantle B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 1, 2011

My daughter and I stayed here in a one bedroom apartment in August 2011. I have to say that we were perfectly happy with the accommodation. The apartment was clean and well equipped, and had everthing we needed for our 3 night stay - and I could have happily stayed much longer! I loved our apartment! The kitchen was lovely, the apartment was spacious (we had plenty of room for all our stuff!!!) - including the BIGGEST bedroom, it had full laundry facilities and we even had our own little courtyard. However, I can understand the many mixed reviews that appear here - I think that some people might come expecting 5 star "Gold Coast" resort style accommodation. The Terrace Central B& B hotel, like just about everything else in Fremantle, is quite old and historic. It is a little quirky, with a variety of accommodation styles, and is made up of a bit of a labyrinth of heritage buildings. It doesn't have a pool or other resort facilities, but to me, that was all part of it's charm. And I don't think they lead anyone to thinking that it is anything different. We travelled with another family , who had one of the 2 bedroom apartments, but we spent most of the time in ours. It accommodated the 6 of us for breakfast and socialising quite comfotably. It is VERY conveniently located, with all the main shopping and sights within an easy stroll. However, I did not have any problems, and we ate breakfast in our apartment, so it is difficult for me to comment on how good or bad the service might have been. My only "down side" was that the bed was a little too firm for my liking. All in all, we had a very pleasant stay at the Terrace Central B& B hotel, and I would happily return in the future.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Terracecentral, Owner at Terrace Central B&B Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2012

Thank you for your honest constructive review...Regards
Barry

There are newer reviews for Terrace Central B&B Hotel

Reviewed June 8, 2011

I have stayed here several times on business booked by my company. On the June long weekend I treated my wife to a break in Fremantle at this Hotel. We had a suite in the new wing with a little balcony overlooking a courtyard garden. This was great for our weekender as it had a private street entrance [easy for our friends to find us]

Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Terracecentral, Owner at Terrace Central B&B Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2011

Thank you for the review, we love to hear your feed back. If you enjoyed the suite remember you can request it on your next stay. Best regards...Barry

Reviewed May 21, 2011

My colleagues and I stayed here over a weekend and it was a very central location, close to all the great local restaurants and cafes so no need for a car. Barry and Christina provide a warm friendly service with nice clean rooms. The rooms are quite large with an en suite. It was a very comforrtable stay and we hope to come back next year.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank theresa255103

Thank you so much, we like "happy campers"...hope to see you again...Cheers Cristina, Barry and Aladdin [woof]

Reviewed May 20, 2011

This B&B [more like a boutique hotel] is a gem. the continental breakfast is generous with many choices, free internet, our room had a computer and printer. the hosts Cristina and Barry are helpful and have good local knowledge, first prize to the border collie as we missed our dog. The B&B is close to the markets and is on the free bus route. the only negative was that reception is only open limited times. We loved Fremantle [freo]

Room Tip: look at web page, has pic's of all rooms
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank limasol29
Reviewed April 13, 2011

GOOD: Central location.

BAD: Dirty, noisy, decrepit.

Very noisy from 12-2am - awakened every night by unbelievably loud stomping on stairs and metal grates banging. There were ants, spiders and various insects everywhere; kitchen, bathroom even in the bedroom. Floor was very dirty (I had to mop it myself shortly after arrival when I found my feet were blackened with dirt picked up from inside the unit.) 1st night bath towels were permeated with dried mildew, which came back to life when we unwittingly dampened them by drying off - requiring a second shower!) Stovetop is disgusting (needs a thorough cleaning), as are the chipped, warped and worn out "el cheapo" kitchen cabinets. No phone in the unit, but that turned out to be a comparatively minor annoyance.

The scabbed-on afterthought bathroom addition, collapsed patio wall, rusted-stuck louvre windows and damaged mini-blinds added a nice barracks feel to this dump. Thankfully the unit didn't smell as bad as it looked.

Up to now, my stays in Australian inns and hotels have been flawless. Unfortunately, the Terrace Central had us desperately searching for an alternative after the first night. Had we been lucky enough to find a vacancy, we would have gladly forfeited our 6-day prepaid stay and bolted.

Lesson learned! Scrimp on the research, ignore the reviews and pay with a ruined vacation.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bannawk
Terracecentral, Owner at Terrace Central B&B Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2011

READ THIS REVIEW as I have stated before this guest did not stay at Terrace Central B&B Hotel. we are a 4 star [AAA tourism Australia] rated property inspected and rated in March 2011.
It is obvious this review is not of my property...this reviewer is using Tripadvisor to personally attack me by falsely attatching this review to Terrace Central B&B Hotel.He has never been on this prpoerty. I have previously stated the property he stayed at was "Terrace Cottage" listed on my web site as "not part of Terrace Central B&B"
He states "The property's location is very convenient and Fremantle is wonderful, but overall we found the Terrace Central B & B to be a cheaply restored sham." I say again and can prove he has never been a guest at Terrace Central. This review is untrue,unfare and unjust.

Reviewed March 6, 2011

A lovely hotel. Barry and his lovely helper (sorry didnt know her name) couldnt do enough to make our visit a lovely experience. Free internet. Situated near free bus route but as quick to walk as handy for centre. Room big, comfy and clean and interesting. Breakfast great. Would recommend to anybody. Thanks Barry.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank JenMc34

Thank you, next time you visit Australia we would like to look after you again.
Remember spring and autum is the best weather.
Cheers ...Barry

Reviewed October 14, 2010

The hysterical receptionist/owner was first very upset after being waken up at 1:30. He couldn't find my booking, had no spare room for my dad (I live in Perth) and didn't show any skills in managing the whole situation. At some point I stopped arguing and took my poor dad home (who was just arriving from a 3 day flight). But that was not the end of the story...

I made the booking online two months ahead, clearly stating the arrival date and time. Something must have happened with my booking or there was a misunderstanding because the receptionist/owner kept on insisting I had made the booking for the following day. I first asked him if I could cancel my booking and he refused so I went back the following day for a second try. He insisted in arguing and showing how wrong I was and I kindly asked him to stop and just give my dad his room. This simple request made him furious, he insulted me, calling me an "ignorant" and asked me to "leave his property". I asked him for a refund, received it and left, telling him I was going to write this review. I hope you can avoid such a situation!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
3  Thank Rick800
Terracecentral, Owner at Terrace Central B&B Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2010

This guest had made a booking on-line for the 13th October, he arrived at At 1.30am on the 13th when my web site clearly states check-in after 2pm.
his comment was.".I should be able to check-in any time after midnight" he was not interested that the guest from the previous day would not check out till 10am.
I explained that the Hotel was fully booked and that I had no room available.

When he returned the next day he was still angry and agressive, I showed him on my web site and his booking confirmation that check-in was after 2pm on the arrival date. He still insisted that he should be able to arrive at any time he pleased. At this time I said that he was obviously unaware of standard Hotel reservation and arrival procedures, he then told me i was insulting. I offered a full refund which he accepted.