“Stunning New Hotel!”

Ranked #1 of 22 Fremantle B&B and Inns
Perth, Australia
“Stunning New Hotel!”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We absolutely loved it! My sister and I stayed at the hougoumont as we were going to a concert in fremantle. The hotel happens to be right on the cappucino strip in fremantle where all the bars and restaurants are and conveniently right where the concert was! The hougoumont is a beautiful boutique hotel. Very clever idea for a hotel relating to fremantle's history. The room was stunning. Don't think I have slept in a more comfortable bed in my life. They serve free wine and champagne for guests in the evenings in the lounge which was a really nice personal touch I thought. The staff are very friendly and helpful. I will definitely be coming back!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Rachel G
Timothy B, General Manager at Hougoumont Hotel Fremantle, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Hi

Just wonderful to receive your enthusiastic review. Thank you.

Delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay at The Hougoumont Hotel Fremantle.

I am happy you enjoyed the wine and cheese hour in the guest lounge and sampled some of the region’s best cheeses. We will continue to offer our guests this service. And we have made an effort to ensure every night is a comfortable one, on our luxury beds with a choice of hard or soft pillows.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on line. We look forward to Welcoming you back to the Hougoumont Hotel

Please do not hesitate to contact me personally if I can assist in any way with your booking.

Warm regards,

Timothy Buckton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Perth
Reviewed November 30, 2013

This hotel is rustic and charming!
The rooms are smaller than normal hotels but are still really spacious and have all the luxuries you want. My room had a charming boutique feel decor.
Literally next door restaurants, bars, and shopping!! Staff were helpful and knew the area well too.
Will definitely stay again!

• Stayed November 2013
Hello,

Many thanks for your delightful review.

I’m very glad you found our location convenient and enjoyed the use of our luxury bathroom products and Nespresso Machines in your room.

You have also highlighted the friendliness of our greatest asset – The Hougoumont Hotel Staff – I will make sure they see your comments.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I may be assistance for another stay in the future.

We look forward to Welcoming you back to the hotel and maybe been our first ever return guest.

Kind Regards,

Timothy Buckton
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

The problems with this hotel start before you walk in the door. You can't park anywhere near the hotel so expect to drive around for a while looking for somewhere to stop. There actually is a car park right next door (it's more of a construction site) with no signage to suggest that it's part of the hotel.

Reception staff are very polite but struggle to be able to give you a room key that works and eventually try the new keys they've cut to find that 1 out of 2 now work. Another lengthy delay while they try again.

Ok now we are into our room. If I stand in the middle with both arms outstretched I can nearly touch both opposing walls - it's so small it's claustrophobic. A quick look around reveals that the tiny empty bar fridge is jammed into the tiny cupboard so much, that a wave of heat hits you when you open the door. I wonder how long it will take before there's a fire.

Anyway, only 2 minutes in the room a we're hungry and have wasted so much time just getting into the hotel and room. We ask at reception "where can we get a meal". They tell us there are heaps of places just around the corner. What they neglected to say is that with all the delays all the restaurant kitchens are closed. S we return and ask where can we get some food. The two staff look at each other confused and we go to bed hungry.

Oh and what the air on in the room - it seems to ignore any temperature settings and just runs as cold as possible. Also be careful closing your door - it doesn't close properly.

This is a new hotel and most aspects will probably improve in time, but I don't think I'll come back to find out.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Tim T
Timothy B, General Manager at Hougoumont Hotel Fremantle, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
Hi Tim.

Thank you for taking the time to post your review onto Tripadvisor. This feedback is definitely not what we are about. Since your departure we have only had happy guests and it is fair to say that we did have a few issues with our key lock system that would have set you back a few minutes.

I recognize when you have been travelling late at night, and are be unable to find a car park must be extremely maddening. I am very glad you did find our 36 bay exclusive car park, which is just reserved for in house guests and attached to our building, in the end. I thank you for your feedback in regards to signage and we will be putting a sign advising parking in place.
In regards to your room, we have very clearly stated on our website and all third party websites, including our Facebook page, that our Cabin room is a small 15-18 square meter room. We have opted for style and substance over unnecessary space, each room combines luxurious comfort with ultimate connectivity, including smart TVs and free Wi-Fi. Furthermore we offer our guests complementary drinks in the bar between 1700-1800 on weeknights, free Nespresso machines in each room and luxury linen and amenities. Our guest lounge offers all guests access to the business center free of charge, fruit and bottled water. Furthermore our rate for this weekend was $189 per a night, which represents excellent value considering the price of our local competition. Please be aware that we have replaced the fridge in your room, and the air conditioning in that room is working to standard.
Our records indicate that you checked in at 2138, which would have allowed you 22 minutes to get settled in and onto the cappuccino strip for a dinner before they close. As I indicated, I do apologies for the small delay on cutting the key, but we do not have any control of the closing times of the restaurants in the area, who all operate independently to us.

Thank you for contacting us and we do hope that your next trip to Fremantle will be more successful, and you have more time to explore the many restaurants and attractions in the area before 10pm.

Kind Regards

Tim Buckton
Hotel Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fremantle
Be. Fremantle
Perth CBD
Alex Hotel
Alex Hotel
#6 of 81 in Perth

Been to Hougoumont Hotel Fremantle? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hougoumont Hotel Fremantle

Property: Hougoumont Hotel Fremantle
Address: 15 Bannister St, Fremantle, Western Australia 6160, Australia
Location: Australia > Western Australia > Greater Perth > Fremantle
Bar / Lounge Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 22 B&Bs / Inns in Fremantle
Hotel Class:4 star — Hougoumont Hotel Fremantle 4*
Welcome aboard the Hougoumont. Business or pleasure, the Hougoumont offers affordable luxury accommodation for the mobile, modern citizen in the heart of Fremantle. Your selection of accommodation comprises Superior Cabin and Stateroom. Opting for style and substance over unnecessary space, each lodging combines luxurious comfort with ultimate connectivity, including smart TVs and free Wi-Fi.
 ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hougoumont Hotel Fremantle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.