“Disappointing”

Bib and Tucker
Ranked #15 of 351 Restaurants in Fremantle
Cuisines: Italian, Australian, Fusion
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: At Bib & Tucker we pride ourselves on the quality of our food, the quality of our location and the quality of the experience we provide for our patrons. Our inspiring modern Australian menu, designed by executive chef Scott Bridger is created with food sourced from the best local suppliers available. Our North Fremantle location, with breathtaking views overlooking the Indian Ocean and picture perfect sunsets, provides a naturally stunning setting in which to enjoy your meal.
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Planning a Saturday lunch for a group of 4 I was disappointed to be told upon phoning that bookings were only taken for groups of 5 or more. But I was assured we would have a very good probability of getting a table. On the day in question we were lucky enough to be seated at the last available table. We all sat and looked at each other...to say that the restaurant was noisy would be an understatement. It was noisy in the extreme. The menu looked appealing and the food when it arrived also looked and tasted good...except for the fries which were pitifully soggy, limp and totally unappealing. Although the meals tasted good I considered them to be small in size and definitely overpriced. The service was average and no more. Thee are many other restaurants I would eat at before coming back here.

Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

I have been meaning to check this new place out. So we ended up going there on Thursday night for my daughters birthday. The restaurant was not busy at 6pm and service was really slow - we had to ask for drinks, ask for water, ask if we could get a heater as it was cold sitting outside. Food portions were small and tasteless (I had skirt of beef) . No one asked if everything was ok with drinks or dinner , even when plates were cleared.

We were all looking forward to this dinner and sadly disappointed.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

We had dinner with friends here Saturday night just after sun down.

Service was efficient with a knowledgable and helpful waiter. We didn't have any of the problems that others have reported here with service. In fact, all the staff made an effort to acknowledge us when we walked in and again when we left.

Fairly standard selection of food and drinks on offer. Nice but not exceptional food. Don't bother with the sharing plate gimmick, just go for your own!

Lots of hard surfaces, so a bit noisy with some unruly kids screaming.

All in all, pleasant location and food. Worth popping into, but don't go miles out of your way to visit here.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

The decor and location of this place is stunning. Interesting lunch menu but not really 'fun'. No sandwiches or burgers, much more serious. The quality of the food did not live up to the expectation. The service was very haphazard and slow. I asked the waiter several times why the word 'MURDER' is stenciled prominently on the feature wall. He promised each time to ask the manager but never came back with a response. The restaurant was well-populated, but not so overly busy that the question couldn't be answered.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Had dinner with my wife the other night and walked in without making any prior booking as we only live over the road. Were told only seat available was at a large mixed table and we would have to be out at eight after arriving just after six which we accepted.

Service was pretty good considering the previous comments I have read, and the menu is pretty interesting and varied. After a shared entree of tempura oysters which were quite nice although the batter was a little soggy, my wife opted for the std fish dish off the menu and I went for the special spanish mackerel. When my wife's dish arrived it looked it was intended as a young child's portion. The young waitress in fairness was a little embarrassed and offered to bring it to the attention of the chef. Imagine our surprise when she returned and informed us it was a std 200 gram portion size. My wife is not a big eater, but within three mouthfuls the fish was gone. My mackerel was well cooked and enjoyable even though I felt duty bound to share it.
For desert we ordered a pear tartin with a delicious scoop of pistachio ice cream, unfortunately the balance of the tart was not quite right and the dish was a little disappointing.
Would I go back?.........Of course I would; it is local, the views are superb and the general decor fits well. We will just have to order individual entrees next time to make sure we do not come out feeling hungry