“Outstanding Bruscetta and Pizza” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ruocco's Pizzeria e Ristorante
Ranked #61 of 325 Restaurants in Fremantle
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Broome, Western Australia, Australia
“Outstanding Bruscetta and Pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

I just can't get over the fact, that ppl order wrapped Chickenbreast in a ;traditional' Italian joint. And then complain about the Potatomash... This is, and I have experienced Italy a couple of times in my life, as authentic, as it gets, without Dean Martin or Adriano Celentano singing lyrics in the background. A place rises and falls with Bruscetta, and this one is top notch. The Pizza afterwards.... Wow. Big, not overloaded and sturdy enough to eat 'Italian style' with your hands only. A few too many tables and uncumfy chairs for my taste, but empty for lunch, I imagine that you get bumped a couple of times in 'peak times'. Beers good, Mountain Goat is rare in WA and Matso's coming on tap... wow. Service attentative, but there were only four tables taken. Food quick and spot on.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Perth, Australia
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

We used to be regulars to Ruocco's but due to the closure we have not been back in approx 7 months, seeing that it had re-opened we decided to return as this used to be our favourite Italian eatery in Fremantle, Seafood Calzone, special order, was fantastic.

My wife had the seafood black rav, presentation was very good but the seafood tasted like it was Coles marinara mix, giving the whole dish a rubbery texture.

I had the Prosciutto wrapped chicken breast and it was very dry, the mash that it was served on, I could have used as wallpaper glue, Im guessing this was brought in as mass produced pre-made portions and zapped, decidedly poor.

Deserts were good, wine list is good and service is good, just shame about the food..Coffee is very good.

If Ruocco's has changed hands, the new owners better go back and look how the previous did things or you will be very lonely down there on South Terrace, I wont be back for another 6 months, just to see if things have improved.

• Visited August 2013
Perth, Australia
“CLOSED”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

Was trying for days to ring and book a table. No answer everytime. Decided to drive down and found this restaurant closed. You would think they would leave a recorded message !

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Perth, Western Australia
“A disappointment”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

We have visited this restaurant a few times previously but the last time we discovered that it was under new ownership. I ordered my usual Spaghetti Marinara and was disappointed in the amount of seafood in it compared with my previous visits. They had also taken a few items off the menu that my husband particularly likes. We also found the staff less friendly. As we travel a long way to get to Fremantle, we won't be returning to Ruocco's.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
“Favourite Italian in Freo”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

We eat here regularly. Always consistently delicious and well priced.

The staff can sometimes be lacking in attentiveness and menu knowledge but overall always a pleasant experience.

Try the garlic prawns, they are delicious!

• Visited June 2013