“Nice location & staff, average food”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of La Sosta

La Sosta
Ranked #11 of 327 Restaurants in Fremantle
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Stylish interior, high quality in house made Italian food, irresistible desserts and extensive wine list. The venue also accommodates functions upon request. WE ARE NOT BYO, as some old review say, sorry!
Brisbane, Australia
“Nice location & staff, average food”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Read some great reviews so made a reservation ahead of time for our Australia Day Long Weekend visit - it's currently BYO so picked up a bottle of wine across the road.

The staff were friendly and helpful and the owner visited the tables for a chat with patrons which is always a nice touch. I wish we could say we loved the food but in all honesty it was pretty average.

We shared an entree of arancini balls & bruschetta and then a couple of pasta dishes - they were fine, just nothing to rave about.

Visited January 2014

Terrigal, Australia
“Absolutely Fabulous”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Without doubt, and we all agreed, this was one of the best Italian dinners we have had for many years. From the moment we tried to get a table and the very co-operative and friendly staff found us one we knew we were going to have a very enjoyable dinner. One of the waiters advised me to buy a bottle of wine as it was BYO, never heard of that before as they do have a wine list.
The menu ranged from pasta, to seafood, poultry, duck etc. Very extensive and not expensive.
The table service was excellent - when asked, advice was freely offered regarding certain dishes.
We shared a couple of entrees then our three mains consisted of pasta, seafood and duck. As I have noted the food was as good as anything Italian I have had.
The food was promptly served, beautiful flavours and well-presented.
Unfortunately our brief stay in Fremantle did not allow us to return to La Sosta - we certainly would have if time permitted.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Phillip8789
Cambridge, Massachusetts
“Only place we saw in Fremantle with tablecloths”
Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

We had three great meals here. We tried other places in Fremantle but this was the best. Matteo, the owner, is much present and his warm welcome adds greatly to the experience. Buy your wine at the bottle shop directly across the street.

1 Thank walrus65
Fremantle, Australia
“Gorgeous Food, Great Service”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

My husband and I dined here recently. We had a lovely meal, my husband had the squid ink pasta which he really enjoyed and I had the grilled seafood which was lovely. The staff were very attentive, we could not fault anything. A very enjoyable meal and night out!

• Visited December 2013
“Exceptional!”
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

By far the best place I have been in a while! Service was wonderful, attentive and they were patient with my attempt at speaking Italian.
The food - well this was impeccable! I was in culinary heaven. Duck pappardelle and my husband had the gnocci. We both loved them. The duck pasta was light, soft and silky smooth and a pleasure to have in my mouth. We had the tiramasu for my husband and the pannacotta for me. Oh I can't tell you how delectable the pannacotta was! I didn't want it to end. Impeccable and a real treat. My husband rated his tiramasu on par with the best he has ever had.
Delightful, superb and a win for Fremantle! We will be back!!