“Gorgeous Food, Great Service”
Review of La Sosta

La Sosta
Ranked #12 of 333 Restaurants in Fremantle
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Stylish interior, high quality in house made Italian food, irresistible desserts and extensive wine list. The venue also accommodates functions upon request. WE ARE NOT BYO, as some old review say, sorry!
Fremantle, Australia
“Gorgeous Food, Great Service”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

My husband and I dined here recently. We had a lovely meal, my husband had the squid ink pasta which he really enjoyed and I had the grilled seafood which was lovely. The staff were very attentive, we could not fault anything. A very enjoyable meal and night out!

“Exceptional!”
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

By far the best place I have been in a while! Service was wonderful, attentive and they were patient with my attempt at speaking Italian.
The food - well this was impeccable! I was in culinary heaven. Duck pappardelle and my husband had the gnocci. We both loved them. The duck pasta was light, soft and silky smooth and a pleasure to have in my mouth. We had the tiramasu for my husband and the pannacotta for me. Oh I can't tell you how delectable the pannacotta was! I didn't want it to end. Impeccable and a real treat. My husband rated his tiramasu on par with the best he has ever had.
Delightful, superb and a win for Fremantle! We will be back!!

Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Great ambiance”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I spent a great Boxing day in Fremantle walking around the old city, topped off by one of the best meals I have had over looking the cross roads into the old city. the staff were most considerate, and we dined after the restaurant had finished serving lunch, most considerate to dine al fresco with a bottle of wine purchased from the store across the road, the restaurant has no licence for alcohol so it's bring your own. get a cooler bag, stock up from one of WA's Thirsty camel drive in's and make a day or evening of it. well worth a visit for the slow pace of Australian life watch the cruisers and life in general in many disguises go by and coupled with the smoothness of the Italian catering. Brilliant get on over and have a great meal.

1 Thank STEPHEN K
Wishaw,Scotland
“Excellent Italian Fare”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Ate here recently after reading the excellent reviews on Tripadvisor. Can only agree with the previous reviewers' comments in that this is a genuine Italian restaurant which offers excellent fare backed up by attentive and efficient service.

The menu is varied and all the starters and mains we had were really good so it would be unfair to recommend anything in particular as I'm sure you wouldn't be disappointed no matter your choice.

BYO is simply an added but welcome bonus which keeps the cost of your meal down.

We have not eaten in Fremantle before so I can't say for sure that La Sosta is No 1 in Fremantle but what we can do is highly recommend the restaurant.

1 Thank i_m_tours
sydney
“Great night, good prices, authentic, tasty food”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We went here on NYE so it was a bit of a shambles with service as they were overwhelmed, so I can't comment on the performance of the wait staff with fairness.

I had big expectations of this place after reading all reviews... it pretty much lived up to them.

My gnocchi was outstanding and my husband had the wild boar pappardelle which he would have again - the pasta quality is just fabulous.

The bruschetta is average and a little disappointing with thick white bread as the base.

The prawns wrapped in prosciutto are delish!

The ambiance is a bit ordinary and VERY noisy inside ... I would request outdoors if you want some space and ease of conversation. It's fun watching Fremantle pass by...

Dessert was ho-hum but still yummy ...

Grab a bottle of wine or two as it is BYO and head to this place for authentic and flavoursome pasta, you won't go wrong!

The staff are lovely, too :)

1 Thank atripaway