“Quite location with magic views”

Pier 21 Apartment Hotel
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Fremantle
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Stayed here on short notice. Fitted out in modern style. Best impression: sliding doors to balcony facing the water. Did not sued the facilities but looked to be a good gym, tennis court and pool. Not in the thick of things, so you'll need a car to drive. Thought it was quite reasonable Perth value for what is was. Friendly reception.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Westsidejoff
Tim N, General Manager at Pier 21 Apartment Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Dear Westsidejoff,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience at Pier 21, I was glad to read that you found the accommodation good value and our reception team to be friendly. Hopefully the next time you are able to visit you can make use of the myriad of recreational facilities the hotel has to offer.

Thank you again and I wish you and your family a safe and prosperous New Year.

There are newer reviews for Pier 21 Apartment Hotel

Reviewed December 14, 2013

Spent the final two nights in Perth at Pier 21 (Executive 1-room apartment). I must say that it's the best decision we made.

Right after the booking online, I was contacted shortly by Pier 21 directly to confirm the booking. And upon arrival, the very friendly and warm staff assisted with the check-in most professionally and I really appreciated it especially after a long drive up from Margaret River.

I was allocated a river-view room on the 3rd level and the view was just splendid. Even my 2.5 year old son loved the room (parents with young children will understand and appreciate this). The room was clean, the fridge was well-stocked (not that we needed it), the sofa was nice to sit on, facilities in the room felt very new and very functional, and I could just go on and on.

Facilities-wise, though we didn't end up using them, the gym and pools (indoor and outdoor) were very well-maintained. For those who need a bit of work-out or dip in the pool, there's no need to step out of the apartment vicinity at all.

I'm an avid photographer and I managed to get some star-trail and sunrise shots from the balcony of the room. If you are willing to wake up early, you could view the lovely sunrise with the Swan River at the foreground from the balcony as well.

Highly recommended if you are looking at a place that's away from the hustle and bustle of the city.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jiawang31

Dear Jiawang31,

Greetings from the team at Pier 21 and thank you for the wonderful review of your recent stay. It's great to read that you thought choosing Pier 21 was the best decision you made.

I noted in your review that you are an avid photographer and if it’s not too much trouble would love to see some of your photos, the star trail images in particular sound amazing, my email is gm@pier21.com.au if you would be so kind.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience with your fellow travellers and I look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

After struggling to find accommodation in Freo for one night, we were able to book in at pier 21. Although a little bit out of our budget price range, it was worth it. From the minute we checked in, we felt like valued customers. We walked into our room and found a hand written note in a welcoming card. The apartment had such a relaxed, calming feel as we overlooked the river. Family members made use of pools and spa. Sunday morning breakfast cooked in the restaurant for us by the chef, was a great way to finish off this delightful stay. The only problem we encountered was the tight fit in the car park, being from the country we have a large 4wd with roof rack it was very hard to squeeze into the bays.

Room Tip: Ask for river view.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Rat74
Tim N, General Manager at Pier 21 Apartment Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2013

Dear Rat74,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of Pier 21, it was certainly a pleasure to share it with the team who were more than delighted to receive such positive feedback. No doubt the highlight of the review for me though was the title 'loved the personalised service' this really sums up the experience we strive to provide for our guests and it was fantastic to learn that on this occasion we achieved our goal.

Thank you also for your feedback regarding the car park, some of the undercover bays can be a little tight and would welcome an email from you the next time you stay so that we can reserve one of the larger bays for you (gm@pier21.com.au) Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience with TripAdvisor community and I look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the near future.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Quite a small two roomed apartment. Lovely views across the marina. Helpful and friendly staff. Shower noise from rooms above was annoying. The location of this apartment was a short drive outside of the main eateries and main shopping areas, but had no trouble commuting and finding paid parking if we wanted to go anywhere. Our room had a shower over the bath which was quite slippery, especially difficult for my ageing mother, would request a walk in shower next time and on the upper floor.

Room Tip: An upper floor would mean less shower noise. Rooms on the marina have lovely views
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Tim N, General Manager at Pier 21 Apartment Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

Dear tizlizzie,

Greetings from the team at Pier 21 and a sincere thank you for sharing your recent experience with the TripAdvisor community. It's wonderful to read that you were able to enjoy the beautiful marina views and found the staff to be friendly and helpful. I also noted your concerns regarding the noise from the shower above and apologise for any discomfort, if possible it would be a greatly appreciated if you could advise the room number so we could investigate. Thank you also for your feedback regarding your Mother as you rightly point out an open plan bathroom would be more suitable and would be only too delighted to offer this feature on your next stays.

Thank you again from myself and the team, we do sincerely appreciate the feedback and trust we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

One of the great attractions of the hotel is its location on the water. When you book it is important to make sure you ask for a water view as not all rooms face the river. The rooms are quite large and the kitchen has everything you need if you want to cook. We enjoyed breakfast on Level 1 during our stay and the chef prepared excellent hot dishes, we also made some snacks in our room.

The hotel has lovely gardens and the walk along the river is perfect for some gentle exercise.

We enjoyed our stay although having 2 bedrooms and a shared bathroom took a little negotiation between the 3 of us.

Room Tip: If you want a waterview, ask for it when you are booking.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank timbob42
Tim N, General Manager at Pier 21 Apartment Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

Dear timbobo42,

Greetings from the team at Pier 21 and thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience. It certainly sounds like you and your group had an enjoyable time and were able to make use of many of the hotel facilities. Our chef was particularly happy to learn that you thought the hot breakfast was excellent. I also noted your room tip regarding the water views and would agree that it’s a great idea to make a request at time of booking, we are however fortunate enough to have nearly all of our rooms feature beautiful views.

Thank you again for your review and I trust we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Pier 21 in the near future.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

I have always wanted to stay at Pier 21 in Fremantle and you can imagine my delight when I won a night at this lovely establishment. We were in a ground floor apartment with the river opposite and walked out of the door to the river and the little beach. The facilities were very good . The apartment plenty big enough for two people with a kitchen, no oven but there is a two burner hot p,ate and a microwave, there was frozen dinners in the freezer and dessert but I didn't check to see what the prices of these were, avery well stocked mimi bar too.
The apartment was very clean and had quality furniture, the leather suite was very comfortable. I loved the shower, so easy to use and the water was nice and hot.
The indoor and outdoor pools are not large but adequate for you to cool off, the fitness centre was amazing ! The breakfast room was very pleasant and bright overlooking the full size tennis court, Oh yes and the breakfast was really good and hot breakfast was cooked to order so allow yourselves time to eat it if you are checking out that day.As I said I won this night in a package of WA attractions but will definatley go back there as a paying guest, I don't think you could be disappointed.

Room Tip: We were in room 12 which was good because you had access directly to the river but for the best view...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sueWesternAustralia

Dear sueWesternAustralia,

Greetings from the team and a big thank you for your wonderful review of Pier 21. It certainly sounds like you had an fabulous time and it’s great to read that you were able to enjoy so many of the facilities the hotel has to offer.

Room 12 is no doubt one of my favourite rooms and as you kindly point out features direct access to the water and beautiful gardens. I think readers that hadn't stayed at Pier 21 would be surprised that such a beautiful setting exists so close to the city, the last few weeks in particular offering guests regular sightings of dolphins, seals and iconic Black Swans to mention just a few.

Thank you again for sparing us some of your valuable time and I trust that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Pier 21 in the near future.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights as a couple and we absolutely thrilled with Pier 21. Despite paying approx. $250 per night, it was well worth the room rate for such a spacious room, balcony overlooking the gorgeous wharf and water views and large modern bathroom.

Great facilities too with both an indoor and outdoor pool, tennis court and spa – and parking for everyone. I would highly recommend this hotel If you want to splash out while staying in Fremantle, but be warned you’ll need a car or taxi to get into the hustle and bustle of the main Freo area.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Svetlana3,

Wow what a fabulous review! I’m so glad we were able to make such great impression. It's wonderful to read that you had opportunity to enjoy many different aspects of the hotel and were also kind enough to include them in your review. A sincere thank you from myself and the team. I hope that when you are considering your next trip you will again think of Pier 21 and look forward to welcoming you back then.

Tim Newson

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fremantle
Be. Fremantle
East Perth
Fraser Suites Perth
Fraser Suites Perth
#11 of 65 in Perth

Been to Pier 21 Apartment Hotel? Share your experiences!