“Nice Spot”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Fremantle
sydney
“Nice Spot”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Saying here for a few weeks on Business at the moment. Can't say anything bad about the place. The rooms are modern, views excellent. The staff are 'relaxed' as is WA but they are OK.

They upgraded me to a 2 bed unit the first week and have offered an upgrade next week also. Kudos for that, I never understand why more hotels don't do that.....It make you feel wanted as a guest!

Keep up the good work and I look forwad to seeing you again Monday!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Tim N, General Manager at Pier 21 Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear Johnnycjay,

Thank you for your lovely review of Pier 21, its always one of the highlights of the day sharing feedback with the team especially when its from one of our valued returned guests. As a regular traveller you maybe interested to know that we will be launching our 'Corporate Advantage' program early next year which will entitle the member to receive a range of benefits including special rates and complimentary inclusions, I would be delighted to send you further information on the program if you were interested.

Thank you again and on behalf of myself and the team I wish you a wonderful Christmas and look forward to welcoming you back to Pier 21 in the new year.

Tim Newson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Margaret River Region, Australia
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We stayed at Pier 21 in October for a Sunday night as we live down south and had an early morning appointment in Subiaco on the Monday - way less stressful to stay somewhere rather than fight the freeway traffic for 3.5 hrs! Originally we were thinking about staying in the CBD of Perth but decided against it due to some recent disappointments (and the added pain of parking costs) so I looked through Wotif for something nice around Freo. I now always check the venue's website to compare prices and after doing so decided to book direct with Pier 21 (North Fremantle) - same deals but better cancellation policy if required. Pier 21 has been there for as long as I can remember but it seems has had an extensive makeover earlier this year - money well spent I say! We stayed in a Poolside Suite and wow, what an awesome room - absolutely loved it, the only problem was we couldn't stay longer to enjoy it more (this time) - but we will be back, most definitely!
We've found our new 'regular' place to stay when going to the city for business or pleasure.
Do give it a go - can thoroughly recommend it!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TKB_66
Tim N, General Manager at Pier 21 Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Dear TKB_66,

Its always a pleasure to receive such a great review especially from a senior reviewer such as yourself. As you pointed out in your review Pier 21 recently underwent a complete refurbishment with the Suites receiving special attention so I was delighted to read that you "Ábsolutley loved it", the Poolside Suite is certainly one of my favourites too.

It's also great to read that you made use of the hotels website to book your stay with us, we always have the best rates and booking conditons on our website so you can be confident of always receiving the best deal. From early next year we will be launching our new website and look forward to bringing our guests an exciting new user experience thats easier to use whilst also being more visually exciting and informative.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Pier 21 in the near future and from myself and the team I would like to wish you and your family a wonderful Christmas and properous New Year.

Singapore
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We stayed in a studio apartment on the ground floor which literally opens up to the waterfront!
Location of the hotel was excellent too. Not that you could walk to fremantle (your probably could, maybe 45mins??) but it was a short drive away.

Room was very well equipped and clean with individual air conditioning unit.
Space planning of the studio was also very well thought out.
Kitchenette was modern and inviting to use.
Which actually made us decide against having the hotel's breakfast and we cooked instead!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Tim N, General Manager at Pier 21 Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear Gimsin,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Pier 21. It was great to read that you enjoyed the wonderful views from your studio apartment. As you mention the centre of Fremantle is a short drive away and for those without a car there is a train service a short walk from the hotel that services both Fremantle and Perth. Thank you again Gimsin and I wish you and your family a wonderful Christmas and prosperous New Year.

Wagga Wagga, Australia
Reviewed October 16, 2012

My wife and I stayed for three nights in late August this year and the class of accomodation and service was very good( and we are hard to thrill!). Staff were very obliging and the location and general environment, looking out over a marina on the Swan River, was great. Breakfast, with the chef basically cooking up ( almost in front of you ) almost anything you wanted, was a real treat.
Want a nice break? Give this place a try.

Room Tip: Use the "wedding anniversary" quote for a likely upgrade!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Geoff G
Tim N, General Manager at Pier 21 Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear Geoff,

It was a great pleasure reading your review and I thank you for taking the time to let the Trip Advisor community know about your experience at Pier 21. As a seasoned traveller no doubt you have stayed at many excellent establishments so to be rated so highly is a great honour. I have shared your review with the team in particular our breakfast Chef Deo who was delighted that you enjoyed his breakfast and asked that I pass on his thanks to you.

Thank you again for your review and I and trust that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Pier 21 in the near future.

Perth
Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

The first thing that struck me was how friendly the staff at Pier 21 were. Thanks for the confirmation booking call as I booked through wotif and to Rebekah for her warm handwritten welcome - it added a nice touch. Also thanks to the breakfast staff - Hands down the nicest pancake breakfast I've ever had! (Be careful with wotif as I had booked for 2 adults, 2 kids but the front office lady said the booking only showed for 2 adults.)

The hotel itself is in a good location - we chose it for its proximity to the Royal Show. Our 2brm ground floor apartment #9 was cosy and clean with a view of the pier and boats moored. The beds were large and comfy - my two toddlers slept soundly as did hubby and I.

A tiny thing where there is room for improvement is having a mini bar checklist with prices in order to check off items as they are consumed instead of having to rely on memory to tell the front office staff what was consumed. Also staff name badges would be good so I can know who to thank personally in reviews like this. Actually 1 more thing - not sure if this applies as my booking had only registered 2 adults but having a front door that also locks from the inside as my toddlers could have escaped by just turning the handle! Maybe other apartments have this safety feature?

We would definitely come back again!

• Stayed October 2012
Tim N, General Manager at Pier 21 Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear PerthLulu,

Many thanks for your wonderful review. I was delighted to read that you found Pier 21 to be your 'Home away from home' as I think this is one of the greatest compliments we could receive.

It's also great to read that you found the team to be warm and welcoming and know both our Chef Deo and receptionist Rebekah will be thrilled to have been mentioned in your review. It would seem Deo's pancakes and omlettes are proving very popular with our guests and as a small thank you we have placed several of Deo's receipes on our Facebook page and will add a new one each week. Please see link below.

I have taken the liberty to check why your booking was missing your two children and it would appear to be a small glitch in the data transfer from Wotif to our system which should now be resolved and I thank you for highlighting this to us. Thank you also for your suggestion of a mini bar 'checklist' I think its a great idea and will put this in place in the coming weeks.

You mentioned that your door did not have an internal lock to prevent opening from the inside, its certainly a valid point and I will look into how we can incorporate such a feature in to our electronic door security system.

Thank you again for taking the time to write such an indepth review, you have provided some great feedback and will use it to continue improving the guest experience at Pier 21 Apartment Hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Laurieton, Australia
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Pier 21 was the highlight of a trip where we stayed in 4-5 star accommodation for a week. If the others were 4-5 stars, Pier 21 was a 6-7. The units were the cleanest we stayed in and although on the cosy side in size for a family of 4 their great design provided great comfort and privacy. And the view of the harbour, marina and both commerical and pleasure boats was wonderful. But the best thing by far was the staff, and not just one or two but everyone of we came into contact with. They were so nice and helpful and great smiles.The friendly chef cooking to order your breakfast out in the dining room was a great touch - our daughter delighted in her poached eggs on smoked salmon each morning. She is sadly back to reality this week.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the harbour and make sure you find time to have a relaxing breakfast o...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank TreehouseRetreat
Tim N, General Manager at Pier 21 Apartment Hotel, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear TreehouseRetreat,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. Each morning I read through any reviews with the team and I know it made their day to be read your lovely comments.

To be rated 6-7 stars is a fantastic compliment and to know that we have the cleanest room you stayed a credit to the housekeeping team.

As you mention in your review it is the team that really makes the difference between an average and excellent stay and I was delighted to read that you found all the staff to be helpful and always smiling.

I have also passed on your review to our breakfast Chef Deo, who is always excited to read that our guests loved his breakfast, hopefully it wont be too long before your daughter can enjoy his poached eggs and salmon again.

Thank you again for you lovely review, it was certainly our pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

sydney
Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

Great location but minuscule 1 bedroom appartment. Not very clean & microwave in room 32 had baked on cheese which looked as of it had been there a long time.Bins in room not emptied daily & bags of rubbish & cleaning gear left around lift area. Reception & breakfast staff @ location excellent but managemt should sharpen up cleaning staff.

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Felicity,

Thank you for your review of Pier 21 Apartment Hotel. Firstly let me apologise for the microwave not being spotlessly clean, we do have extensive checks in place to ensure that all of our rooms are impeccably presented however it would seem that on this occassion we failed to complete those checks which is greatly regrettable. I have taken this opportunity to review our checks with the housekeeping team long with the other items mentioned in your review and thank you again for bringing them to our attention.

On a positive note I am delighted to read that you found the restaurant, reception staff and location to be excellent and hope that you will give us the priviledge to welcome you back again in the future.

Tim Newson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fremantle
Be. Fremantle
East Perth
Fraser Suites Perth
Fraser Suites Perth
#10 of 64 in Perth

Been to Pier 21 Apartment Hotel? Share your experiences!