2,133 results
All reviews valet parking great location buffet breakfast a park view room pillow menu valet service good size across the road little creatures brewery late checkout pleasant stay spa bath an upgrade mini bar fishing boat harbour cappuccino strip car park
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The rooms were good, everything you need. Very fast walk to the markets and the docks. The breakfast was ok, reasonable selection although the hot water for the tea was tepid at best. Staff were absolutely lovely.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Rydges F, Front Office Manager at Esplanade Hotel Fremantle - by Rydges, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Spent a week here whilst visiting our daughter and her family. We have stayed here a number of times & still find this one of the better hotels for comfort, position & ease of access. Rooms are quite large & have all the usual amenities, including huge comfy bed, armchair, desk area with chair & desk light, remote controlled wall mounted colour TV, huge bathroom with separate toilet, bar fridge & the all important, tea & coffee making facilities. This time, no views from room balcony & despite being adjacent to the lift, we did not hear any noise. Blackout curtains in the room are superb & keep the room well shielded from the outside conditions. Timing of housekeeping was a little irregular & we found on a number of occasions on our return, the room had not yet been cleaned. Wasn’t a huge problem, but expected better. Breakfasts were included in our room raté & well worth enjoying, especially the eggs. Hardly needed lunch after this meal! The bar are was a great place for a quiet drink or snack & the staff here are fabulous. In fact, one of them thoughtfully, return my handbag which I had inadvertently left behind after we went outside. He restored my faith in humanity & I was very relieved, not to have lost either my bag, wallet, camera & other personal items. My only issue with the bar was their early weeknight closing times. Would have expected them to be open at least until 10pm, but on a couple of occasions, this was not the case. We returned hoping to enjoy a drink or two before retiring, only to find the bar closed or about to close. Disappointing really for a holiday type hotel. Valet parking was used & although expensive, it saved a lot of time trying to find parking elsewhere in this busy area. During busy periods, there was often a wait of up to 15 mins for vehicle delivery, but if you allowed for this, it was not a problem. Check-in & check-out went simply & smoothly & staff were very well versed in their procedures. Overall, despite a few small hiccups, we enjoyed our stay here & will undoubtedly, return on future occasions.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Esplanade_Hotel_Freo, Front Office Manager at Esplanade Hotel Fremantle - by Rydges, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Guest,
Thank you for the great review of our hotel.
I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and all aspects of the hotel.
I am sorry to hear you were disappointed with the bar closing times, unfortunately this is somewhat based around how busy we are. I will be sure to pass this over to our Food and Beverage manager however.
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I left a do not disturb sign on my door, came back at the end of the day and room had been made up, laundry was delivered in room and no do not disturb sign on door or in room anymore. Reported to reception who said they would investigate and get back to me the next day by phone, no phone call.

Overcharge made on laundry , was told it would be rectified before check out, at check out it was the same, maybe need people who can do customer service and mathematics.

Rang two days after the promised phone call to find out how we were going with my promised contact , only to be hung up on 3 times and no response.

Room tip: Try elsewhere
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.
I have spoken with my housekeeping supervisor who has told me that she spoke to you on Saturday regarding this issue. She explained that no staff enter guest rooms when there are 'Do Not Disturb' signs on doors, however at times unfortunately other guests do remove these, hence why staff would enter.
I do apologise this has occurred whilst you were with us and I can assure you we take our customer service very seriously.
We hope to welcome you back to our hotel soon.

Reviewed September 3, 2019 via mobile

Very pleasant central hotel with great rooms, comfy bed and pillows, and good buffet breakfast and dining room. Central to walk to most of the attractions of Fremantle, or the Red Cat (bus) is nearby. Good lounge and general rooms and helpful management and advice for taking in the major attractions.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Esplanade_Hotel_Freo, Front Office Manager at Esplanade Hotel Fremantle - by Rydges, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Guest,
Thank you for the great review of our hotel.
I am so pleased to hear that were impressed with all aspects of your stay and hope to see you again.
Kind regards,

Reviewed September 1, 2019

We had booked the room via the Rydges offical site as a quick get away and enjoy a bit of what had previously been, luxury. Valet parking and breakfast were included along with late checkout - bliss for a couple.
On arrival we were slugged with a $300 "bond" which desk staff immediately assumed went onto out credit card. When I protested that move and insisted on cash, the frosty demeanor from the desk staff then seemed to set the tone for the rest of the stay.
The room itself was tired but comfortable. A/C was noisy when set above 20 deg. Room service was prompt and tasty (well done to the staff on that point) and the included buffet breakfast was expansive and a large variety was available.
On check out the fun restarted..
- there was no express/Priority Club checkout available,
- before we could recieve our bond our mini-bar had to be verified(?), strange considering they already had my credit card details, the worst part was it took > 25 mins to have that checked..
- when I questioned the bond at check-in I was advised it was levied on "walk-ups", again the frosty response when advised I had booked via the parent site and was a Priority Club member. Quick backstep and lame reasoning about occassionally levied on other bookings..
- I also questioned the time it took to check a mini-bar and if I had a car/taxi booked who would cover the wait fees - crickets from the desk.

The company I kept during the visit made it worth while however the "bond", if it is to be levied, should be CLEARLY stated in the term and conditions/fees on the booking site. At check-in there were three other couples in the same situation.

Room tip: Warm up the credit card/budget for the "extras"

Dear Ash,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.
I apologise if you were not happy with the bond procedure. This is a new procedure that has been brought in by management. Any bookings that are made on the same day of arrival as required to pay a $300 bond. This has been put into place as many of the guests we found that were causing issues and leaving bills unpaid were bookings made on that same day, and since bringing in this new procedure we have seen really positive results.
I am happy to hear you were were impressed with the room service and quality of food.
I will pass on all of your feedback to further management.
We hope to welcome you back to our hotel soon.