“Voucher Deal”
Review of Fremantle Mussel Bar - CLOSED

Fremantle Mussel Bar
Cuisines: Seafood, Mediterranean, Australian
Good for: Large groups, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: The Mussel Bar Seafood Restaurant sits right on the water at Fremantle's famous Fishing Boat Harbour. Smell the fresh sea air and take in the spectacular views over a pre-dinner drink as you anticipate the enjoyment of one this historic port city's finest restaurants. Obviously, the kitchen's specialisation is mussels but we also offer a broad range of seafood dishes as well as non-seafood proteins and salads.
Perth, Australia
“Voucher Deal”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We went to Mussel Bar after purchasing a voucher. The restaurant had a lovely view, being right on the water so had a lovely sunset. Was a bit wary as the offer was for shared entree of chili mussels which I have never had before. The waiter asked each of us how hot we would like them and I was surprised they were very nice and not too hot. For mains we had choice of chicken or risotto and choice of crepe or sago for dessert. Again all meals for very nice and the waiters pleasant. Overall very pleased to have tried the Mussel Bar using a voucher.

• Visited September 2013

Perth (Coogee)
“Great Steak”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Visited the mussel bar the service was excellent and the reef & beef was beautiful, cooked to perfection. Was a wet & stormy nite so not that busy at all. The drinks was a little pricey but had been told that by friends, would be lovely on a hot sunny evening when you could see more.

• Visited September 2013
Freo
“Not good value for money and horrible food”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I went to The Mussel Bar for my birthday with the whole family. The service was nice BUT the food didn't match the service at all. The mussels on seafood platter stunk and were inedible. The prawns chowder also was not very nice. It was over salty and we all felt horrible afterwards. I would have not expected such bad food from a place like that.... maybe they think only tourists go there.... but that's not the case....
Definitely would not recommend it nor go back there again.

• Visited August 2013
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
“good food”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I love the food try the fish plater for two it is brilliant very good value for money and very well done

Visited July 2013
Edinburgh
“Overpriced Microwaved Food”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Visited The Mussel Bar in Freo on the harbour, Service was bland, however the ambience was really good. I ordered Moroccan Lamb Shank, food was out pretty quick. I noticed the lamb was dry around the edges, which I put down to being microwaved, on closer inspection, if was chilled in the middle still. I complained, received no apology at first, took back to kitchen, the brought back in 5 mins, plate this time was boiling hot, however the had just put back into a microwave and mixed the sauce over the top, and fresh parsley. It still had the cut it I had marked the first time. I then discovered still cold by the bone! I complained again to manager, and he said sorry and walked away, never offered a fresh option. I moved the meal to centre of table, the manager saw this and avoided coming back. A young chap came along (Fair Play to him!) I explained what had gone wrong, and I asked for it to be taken of the bill, which he arranged. Eventually the manager came over and apologised and said normally they cook the lamb shanks off in the morning prep but this was not done. I think it is a frozen product in a bag, it was not defrosted enough, it was put in the microwave and not probed, and charge $33 for it...... Very poor instead for such a great location. Wont be back.

• Visited July 2013