“Good Sth Freo Fare”
Review of Ootong & Lincoln

Ootong & Lincoln
Ranked #2 of 14 Coffee & Tea in Fremantle
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: THE CAFE: Wander through South Fremantle to discover Ootong & Lincoln, our quirky and rustic eatery where handcrafted and homemade dishes are served for both breakfast and lunch. From artisan soda loaves to decadent chai chocolate pancakes and palette-awaking Mexican corn croquettes, our menu is bursting with fresh and wholesome fare. We make everything on site, right down to preserving our own jams and concocting our very own homemade ice cream in a collection of euphoric flavours. Loved by locals, our bustling café also houses our rustic provedore larder, Ootong To Go, where you can discover healthy breakfast, lunch and dinner options to take away. OOTONG TO GO: Whether you're a busy worker, active parent or just keen to have a culinary picnic by the sea, you can get our fresh and wholesome dishes on-the-go at our rustic larder. Sitting in a little nook in our café, Ootong To Go offers a well-edited collection of tasty goods that are ready to be devoured at the office or taken home in their ready-made packs, while the picnic style food will make those beach days, festivals and Rottnest trips even better. Try one of our healthy breakfast options like our in-house baked brioche filled with bacon and scramble, or discover our ever-changing lunch and dinner menu and leave with containers filled with stuffed eggplant, thai red curry or moussakas. Our preservative-free offerings are made in our kitchen daily and are created with the freshest and finest produce. Our team of professionally trained chefs, who come from all over the globe, don the whites and share their favourite family recipes to make creative homemade dishes that you will be proud to serve to your family and friends. Our ready-made packs come in different sizes, so you can have a feast perfect for one, or for your whole family.
Reviewed May 7, 2013

A great bustling breakfast joint on the growingly popular south end of the strip. The food is well done café style that comes in at the regular ‘Freo’ cost ($15-21 for cooked breakfast. Good coffee and service. Interesting décor (recycled=on the cheap!). A great meeting point for leisurely Saturday and Sunday mornings.

1  Thank Tim D
There are newer reviews for Ootong & Lincoln

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Should have gone in before now, I've been missing out big time. Lunch with friends today was fab. We admired the interesting decor, fascinated over the novel way the juice was served in mini jugs, pondered over a concise menu and drooled over the puddings. Love the imaginative way my friends salad was served. My chicken burger was stuffed with healthy green stuff too (not usual lettuce!). All clean plates on our table. The biggest chunk of crumble (with decent cream) was shared amongst us and declared delicious. I would have liked to have had a coffee, but quite frankly didnt have any room. Embarrassing moment, when someone on our table said to the person serving our juice 'I like your jugs'! And yes I know, the green stuff in my burger was spinach! Looking forward to going back. A gem. I'm not sure how much the bill came to, the company paid

Reviewed April 13, 2013

I had the Chocolate Banana Pancakes with Caramel Sauce and Pecans. Heaven. Literally, heaven. I'm a huge pancake fan, and these were the best I've ever had! As well as the awesome food, the fresh juices were also really tasty! You could mix the flavours together at no extra cost, so I had Orange, Apple and Lemon. Yumsk! Plus they come in these cute mini jugs with a straw. My friend had the sourdough toast with avocado, and that also tasted ah-mazing, it was just delish!

The interior is typical Freo; hipster-ish, trendy, and totally cool. The cafe has random pieces of retro and vintage furniture - almost every table and chair is different, the lights are hung up in jars, and there are awesome pieces of art on the walls. Like most places in Perth, it's quite pricey, and for pancakes and a juice it cost around $24.

1  Thank Catherine L
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

A gorgeous hip, funky "huge" cafe/restaurant in Fremantle! The decor is very much Freo with style, its set up is very functional and easy to dine in.

The food is very healthy but you can order food that has delicious dressings and fabulous cake!

Its such a popular place now, so busy and thriving when you walk in. Thongs to suits! Any attire fits the setup.

Take away coffee bar is excellent.

Because they are so busy and popular now parking is a bit of an issue. Same with timing from ordering to serving. But totally worth the wait.

I just love the food and the old bikes up lining the ceiling, the glass jar lights, huge dining area and long bench space if you fancy that type of seating.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Fantastic little place - the crowds let you know it has a grand reputation. Food is always fresh and tasty. No table service but the atmosphere makes up for that. I have eaten or otherwise been here at least 20 times in the last year - I will go back.