“Very slow service, average food”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Joy Kitchen

Joy Kitchen
Ranked #47 of 328 Restaurants in Fremantle
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Perth, Australia
“Very slow service, average food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

We waited an hour to get the shared entrée....basically all fried foods like spring rolls. Okay if you like that but not memorable. We then waited another 45 minutes for the mains to arrive. My chilli fish was very salty, however the honey prawns my wife had were very good. The others in the group were all happy with the food but nobody love it. A pity because the restaurant is very smart, white table cloths and beautifully set out. Being objective it was a busy night but we were asked to come early which we did but getting our food delivered was miserable. The staff were very good so it was not their fault. Would we return....probably on a quite midweek night to give it a second chance.

Visited January 2014

• Indonesian first
Singapore
“Good food and service.....value for money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

After eating fish and chips for dinner too many times we decided to look for Asian food as we are from Singapore...and this place is ok.
Value for money and food and service both pretty good.
Nice location....yep if in town I would go back.

• Visited December 2013
Perth, Western Australia
“Excellent chinese food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2013

This place is always packed and for good reason - the food is delicious. Try the duck pancakes for entrée and the sizzling pepper steak, honey king prawns and the chilli chicken with cashew nuts for mains. Wine is at reasonable prices too.

Visited December 2013
Great Missenden, United Kingdom
“Not sure I have eatten in the same place as some of the other reviewers!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

Whilst on a recent trip to Freemantle and not wanting another meal in the Espanade Hotel I looked on Trip Advisor for a local restuarant. I was delighted to see there was a Chinese less than 100 metres from the hotel. Booked for that evening and arrived at 7.00 pm. Even though the restuarant was full we were welcomed immediately by a friendly member of staff, seated and offered drinks and the menus promptly. A charming young waiter took our drinks order delivered them in minutes and then took our food order. First course arrived within 10 minute and then the whole whole meal processed efficently. We order duck and pancakes to start followed by a chicken dish + prawn dish with noodeles and rice as an accompliment. Food was outstanding only wish we had room to finish it. I had coffee whilst my wife finished her wine and we both agreed this was an excellent meal. I have no hesitation in recommending this restuarant and bar the fact it is half the world away I'd eat there again with pleasure.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank John G
Perth, Australia
“My former favourite Chinese restaurant.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

Went back on a return visit to Joy Kitchen as it is such a favourite and particularly the lemon chicken. The food was excellent as usual but the service was pretty poor. I found myself waving my hands for attention which is not really my style but it was either that or get up and grab someone. It was a busy Saturday night but waiting half an hour to get the main course plates cleared is not fun. I'm sure we will go back again but if we had a repeat of this one it might be a last visit.

• Visited October 2013