Fremantle Bed and Breakfast
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$89
$84
Hotels.com
Esplanade Hotel Fremantle - by Rydges(Fremantle)(Great Value!)
$121
$99
  • Pool
Tradewinds Hotel Fremantle(East Fremantle)(Great Value!)
$131
$113
Agoda.com
Pier 21 Apartment Hotel(Fremantle)(Great Value!)
$144
$109
  • Pool
Quality Suites Fremantle(Fremantle)(Great Value!)
$102
$89
Agoda.com
Hougoumont Hotel Fremantle(Fremantle)(Great Value!)
$143
$131
  • Beachfront
$71
  • Beachfront
All reviewsdoor codeb bstained glassgreat location for walkingbeautiful architecturenotre dame universityshared bathrooma great stayrental carheritage listedcomfortable bedsgreat nightfree wifistayed two nightsshort walklittle creatures breweryquiet street
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 21, 2012

My wife and I stayed in the Tarrantella Room (top floor) and other than the bags up stairs - we had a great stay which was heightened with leaving we mentioned we were "training " it back to Perth and hopeing to stop off at Cottseloe Beach. Peter said the station was not close to the beach and with that offered to show us around as he wanted to get out and about (and we were only guests checking out that morning)
He went out of his way to show off Cottesloe Beach (Indiana Team Rooms very nice) - we too k some pictures and he then dropped us back to the Ferry Terminal in Freo - so we could take the River Cruise back to Perth. This is just well above any normal B & B we have ever used and the Continental Breakfast is excellent as well. A great overall hospitality experince !!

Room Tip: I'd think peter would be very recpetive to a call before hand if you did wish to clarify anything around the facilities - but his separate website is good as well
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Peter D, Owner at Fremantle Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

It always gives me great delight to give something a little extra to our guests whenever possible. I love Cottesloe beach and the surrounds but I don't always have the chance to go there on our lovely Spring days. The opportunity to take my guests there was as good for me as it was to them.

I very much appreciate the comments.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

The B & B is well positioned within walking distance of restaurants, Little Creatures Brewery, the Roundhouse, the beach and the maritime museum. The building is lovely and historic, as it much of the area around it adding to its charm. If you're not strong enough to carry your suitcase up the stairs to the rooms on the first level, perhaps you should stay somewhere else. I stayed in the Evelyn room which was very comfortable, stylishly decorated and had big windows to enjoy the fresh air. There are two very large bathrooms for the 4 rooms of visitors to share. I never had to wait to use either, which was good news as I was staying on business. I was always able to shower and get ready for work in the mornings without a wait. The rooms are smallish so some features such as tea, coffee, wine glasses, cold water and a fridge are not in the rooms, but all stored outside in the hallway and easily available for you to help yourself. You could sometimes hear people in the other rooms but it never bothered me. I found the B&B to be very cosy, secure and relaxing. The breakfast included with the room made it so easy for me to eat and get off to my conference early in the morning. The continental breakfast had more options than most places, and a lovely touch of yoghurt with fruit for each guest. Peter, the host was always around in the mornings to give advice or offer help. I had a great stay and would definitely return.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Evelyn room which is on the front of the property. It had lovely natural light, tasteful decor and I liked opening the windows to look onto the street.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Peter D, Manager at Fremantle Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to give a review on our B&B. It is greatly appreciated. When our guests are happy, I am very happy.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

The Freo B&B is in a glorious heritage listed building in the heart of Freo, a short walk from the station, the water front (Little Creatures Brewry in particular) and the main shopping/food precinct. The first thing that struck me was how friendly my host was, very welcoming even if I was an eastern stater!

The room was small, with two single comfy beds (I believe I'd booked the compact twin) but it was nicely decorated in a cottage kitsch decor. Bathrooms were big and well lit, with hot water and great water pressure, which is something you typically don't notice til it's not there!

Breakky the next day had a good selection of tea and coffee, along with cereals and a delightful greek yoghurt with fresh blueberries and honey. Very nice indeed. After looking at the typical price of Freo accomodation, I feel the Fremantle B&B was quite reasonably priced.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank FiFoGeo
Peter D, Owner at Fremantle Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

Thank you for your comments about Fremantle Bed and Breakfast. It's great for me and my housekeeping staff to get the feedback from our guests.

As I have mentioned in the past, we are a Class 1A heritage-listed building and, apart from the furnishings in each room, we are very limited in what we can do to the interior and exterior of our lovely building. Even our paint colour has to be approved by our local council as well as the heritage Council..

Room 4 is a compact twin share bedroom with limited space. When I send out the door code etc to each guest, I am always upfront that this room is compact. Having said that, Room 4 is a very popular room, especially for one person.

At Fremantle Bed and breakfast ( and also Heritage Cottage Bed and Breakfast) we strive to do our very best to meet with our guests' requirements. I take all reviews, whether positive or negative, very seriously and endeavor to answer each review as soon as possible when I receive it.

Reviewed June 30, 2012

Words will not enough to describe who satisfied we are with Fremantle Bed and Breakfast and Peter Donovan as the host.
Warm greetings, nice room, healthy breakfast, everything is just perfect. No wonder it's fully booked.
Its location is also perfect, a stone throw away to CAT Bus stop, few meters to railway station which also can be reached by CAT.
I would recommend this B&B to everyone for sure

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 5, 2012

Thank you very much for your comments. We strive to do our very best at Fremantle B&B and also Heritage Cottage B&B. Our Housekeepers and I are very appreciative of comments like yours. All the best. Peter Donovan

Reviewed June 2, 2012

We stayed here for one night and couldn't have been happier with the service. It was clean, comfortable and had that lovely charm that bigger places lack. The owner was absolutely lovely and went out of his way to help us out, including giving us a lift to where friends had organised our next night's accommodation! Breakfast was great and we didn't have any problems with early morning noise etc mentioned in other guests' reviews. Would definitely stay here next time we're in Freo. Thanks Peter!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Peter D, Owner at Fremantle Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2012

Thank you for your lovely comments. We hope to see you back in the future.