“Smell of fresh loaves”

Fremantle Bakehouse
Ranked #34 of 331 Restaurants in Fremantle
Cuisines: Cafe, Australian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Singapore, Singapore
“Smell of fresh loaves”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

We were walking along the capucinno strip in the cold morning and we could smell the fresh loaves from Fremantle Bake House. We ordered a mushroom and chicken pie. That was heaven. Even the simple toast and butter tasted so good. We ate everything on our plates.

• Visited June 2013

Perth, Australia
“Yummy!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

Me, hubby & my little boy had a good breakfast here. 1st time, and i'm glad I didn't get to read the reviews before we ate or I wouldn't have dared eat here. Hubby ordered the big brekky, i had the french toast with separate order of bacon to share with the litlle one. My boy is a picky eater but he liked the french toast very much. And hubby said his meal was delicious.

I would say that this place is a solid eat for breakfast but, the only thing is, it's a bit expensive as we paid $51 just for a big brekky, french toast+bacon and 2 bottled waters.

• Visited May 2013
Melbourne
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

The food here was a little disappointing, unimaginative. Perhaps I was expecting too much.

It was difficult to get service.

I prefer imaginative tastes, generous food servings with a healthy touch.

This failed to deliver.

• Visited March 2013
Basel, Switzerland
“Great place for breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

Huge full breakfasts if you like that, otherwise the pumpkin scones were delicious. A good selection of homemade breads, cakes and pies.The steak sandwich was also delicious.

Visited February 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Rude Service and It Tastes Like Poo >:/”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

I was looking for somewhere nice for lunch and came across the bakery. I've never ate in Fremantle during the day so I had high expectations.

I had a salesgirl demand what did I want. I felt pressured to buy even though I was just looking and minding my own business. I got what this place dubs "sausage roll" although this is the WORST "sausage look" which looks like one from the toilet - Mrs Macs even does better ones than these burnt things. This is probably the worse place I've eaten in Australia and the arrogant service is not needed. The only other place in the world I've been angry about (and my poor stomach) was Malaysian curry.

If I can poo in a bag and charge $10 for a meal then I should be looking at what this bakery is doing and profit. Yes, even from the pictures it tastes as bad as it looks.

Only benefit was I paid $1 AU less than if I had to sit in the bakery and eat the said poo tasting "sausage roll". I probably would have spat it out or thrown it back on their floor. I wouldn't feed an animal this *thing*.

• Visited February 2013