“Exceptional service in this boutique style hotel”

Platinum Suites Fremantle
Ranked #3 of 21 Fremantle B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We disembarked from 5 weeks of luxury on the Queen Mary 2 to the Platinum Suites in Freemantle, the next stage of our journey is 6 months travelling in a camper van and we needed to get ourselves sorted!
We could not have chosen any better. Our initial 2 days were extended to 5 and then to 7 days. We were made so welcome by Vicki and Peter who were friendly, helpful and never ever intrusive; Both were on hand when we needed their help or advice and gave that personal touch ;No doubt about it they made our first week in Oz so much easier than we dared hope!
The suites are spotlessly clean, the bed is large and comfortable and the shower is fabulous.
The location was just right, with the free CAT bus or a 10 minute stroll into the centre of Freemantle, alternatively some fabulous restaurants, and South Beach just a 5 minute stroll away, definitely spoilt for choice!
Breakfast includes a plentiful array of cereals, yoghurt , fruit, meats, cheese and jams, together with goods quality coffee .
For us the free Wi Fi was a God send!
As we are in our early 50's it would be fair to say we have travelled the
world and stayed in our fair share of hotels and B&B's , Platinum Suites is without doubt one of the best and we can't recommend it highly enough.

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank SharonHLondon

Reviewed January 2, 2014

We stayed at the Platinum suites as a base whilst visiting family over Christmas. It offered a fantastic home from home; the suites are convenient, very comfortable and Vicki and Peter are great hosts. Vicki went over and above to ensure we had a very special stay; she offered great advice, was very attentive and available. A really fantastic genuine hostess and helped make our holiday extra special. The rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable. The shower was really great and wifi good. The suites are located perfectly between Fremantle and South beach both within walking distance. There are also some great restaurants, cafes and bars in short walking distance. There was a great selection available for breakfast with fresh fruit and lots of choice. We enjoyed the small pool to cool off! All in all, a really great stay and would highly recommend Platinum for your Fremantle visit.

Room Tip: We stayed in 4 of the rooms and all of them were great. All very similar with great outlook.
Reviewed December 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Platinum Suites for three nights and it was such an absolute pleasure! Vicki, our hostess, was incredibly charming and delightful, and it was a treat in the mornings to chat with her while we breakfasted. Breakfast is continental style, ample and delicious, with a selection of fresh and stewed fruits, yogurts, cereals, breads and spreads. The rooms are very suitable for a single traveler or couples, with a comfortable king sized bed, air conditioning, dark curtains to keep the light out early in the mornings and a lovely rain shower with great water pressure! There is free WiFi, and a small TV, which we did not use, as we were always out and about. The free 'CAT' bus into Fremantle runs every 10 minutes most of the day and pick up and drop off is a very short 50m walk from the suites. Although it is not a particularly long stroll into town, so we chose to walk this easy route twice. There are plenty of restaurants in and around Freo. The most noteworthy of which, Barque, is a short car ride away (another of Vicki's wonderful recommendations). I would also recommend Canvas at the Fremantle Arts Centre (you have to try their Shakshuka!). I think the value for money at Platinum Suites was outstanding and of all the places I have stayed in and around Perth I have never found anywhere so accommodating or welcoming as here. I am raving about this suites to all my friends and family planning on visiting Perth and next time we're in Perth we will be sure to visit Platinum Suites again.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

We stayed at Platinum Suites for 2 nights and were blown away by the personalised service provided by Vicki. The room itself was perfectly appointed and comfortable, the location was just a short stroll into the heart of Freo (or across the road from the free buses if you don't fancy walking) and the hospitality was second to none. Everything from tips on where to go, to providing us with some aeroguard for our day out at Rottnest (we would have been eaten alive by flies without it!). We would highly recommend Platinum Suites for anyone visiting Fremantle. We will be back!

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Just back from a 6 week trip down under. The best place we stayed in over the 6 weeks was the Platinum Suites. We had a beautiful room overlooking the harbor. It was bright, spacious and really comfortable. Quality breakfasts with fresh fruit and juices greeted us each morning. The small number of suites are done to a very high standard - beautifully decorated and very comfortable.
The thing that differentiates the Platinum Suites from every where else is the very personal welcome and service that Vicki gave us. Nothing was too much trouble. She gave us great advice on what to do, where to eat, what to see - she even dropped us to restaurants and ferries. Our flight home was quite late on the day we checked out but Vicki arranged for us to have bathroom facilities before we set off - and even treated us to a few glasses of wine! It was like staying with your best friends.
We will be back!

Dave & Myra Lennon

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I visit Freo every quarter for work, and whilst I enjoy the fresh sea air, great (but expensive) food, I've never been enamoured of the accommodation there

my stay here was thus a revelation - the hospitality accorded by Vicki and Peter was so warm and that, combined with the very comfortable, and thoughtfully appointed, furnishing made me feel that I was staying at a friend's place

the location is superb, within an easy stroll of shops and restaurants, with ample free parking close by

my room was very comfortable..well proportioned, and with all the fittings that you'd want on a business trip, including fast wifi

great bathroom

I was sorry that I didn't get to relax in the sitting room nor try the continental breakfast, which was set out family-style

if I can get a room (there are only a handful of suites), this is definitely my top choice for Fremantle

Room Tip: 202 has a great view of the harbour, as well as a small balcony
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I stayed at the Platinum Suites while attending a conference based at Murdoch University in early October. I initially found the accomodation by doing a quick internet search. Having stayed in larger establishments at Fremantle before, I was determined to find a nicer, more inviting place to stay. I was not disappointed.

On arriving, my colleague and I were greated by Vicki and given a tour of the Suites. She informed us that the following day was a public holiday and we discussed options for transport to our conference. The next morning Vicki was kind enough to drive us there as the normal bus schedule was not available. Vicki was able to help us with any queries - what restuarants to visit or how to get to the train station. Her hospitality was second to none. I even left behind something behind in my room after checking out and she had no problems with shipping it back home for me.

The rooms are large, modern and comfortable. I loved the balcony access and free wifi. The rainforest shower was amazing! The bed was very comfortable and there was plenty of wardrobe space to hang my clothes. The only addition to the room I could think of would be a full length mirror - however, this is only a minor issue and I probably wouldn't think about it if I was visiting for holidays.

Although the conference days and nights were long, I felt more rested in the suites than other accomodation I have stayed in while travelling for work. With a toddler at home and being used to having broken sleep, it was lovely to have a peaceful night! I did not hear any noise that other reviewers have mentioned.

One of the most important things about this establishment is that I felt safe. You have a key to the front door, and only people staying at the Suites can enter.

The breakfast was lovely. Vicki made an effort each day to have some new items so that each morning was slightly different. Being a soy milk drinker was no problem at all.

When I return to Fremantle I will return to the Platinum Suites. Thank you Vicki for your hospitality and for making me feel like I was in a home away from home.

Room Tip: Room 202 was the pick of the rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business