“Get new wine glasses” 4 of 5 bubbles

Federal Boutique Hotel
Ranked #19 of 22 Fremantle B&B and Inns
“Get new wine glasses”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2012

Went for dinner with a group of friends. Our meals were satisfactory although the pizza was extremely greasy. Our main issue was with the wine glasses. We were drinking red wine and were given the smallest wine glasses I've ever seen. It ruined the whole experience. It was like drinking out of port glasses. Please spend a bit of money and invest in bigger ones

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Anniethompson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Salisbury, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 29, 2012

I booked a deluxe room for myself and my partner in Rosie O'Gradys for two weeks. Deluxe equates to a room having air con, an en suite and wired internet access which the standard rooms don't! On a positive point the room was quite large and the bed comfortable which was made up each day with clean sheets, powerful shower (although it did look very 1970s). Negative points - only one mirror in the room and that was in the bathroom - a no no for a female trying to get ready while their partner has steamed it up from showering. Only two small towels are supplied on a daily basis, no hair dryer, no iron/ironing board. The floorboards creak beyond belief (whilst there we used to walk around the edges of the room so as not to annoy other residents by the creaking!!). Getting a good night's sleep is nigh on impossible as the local council empty the bottle banks at around 4am every morning and make every effort to be as noisy as possible. The bar staff were incredibly rude (and one in particular had a real chip on their shoulder - but not naming names!) and serving a drink seemed a real chore to them (not the service we received in any other bar/restaurant in Freo). All in all - great location, shoddy service and expensive room for the facilities available.

Room Tip: Choose a deluxe!!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sassie007
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2012

Basically, you should all stop whining on, it's a theme pub with rooms!. Average to good at best, if you want the Hilton, book one, people do your research before you book. Well located in Freo and convenient!. I've stayed serveral times already and will continue to in the future. It's one of thousands of pubs like this situation around the world. It is what it is!. Pete White, a non whinging Pom...

• Stayed September 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank anonwhingingpom
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2012

This place has gone so downhill over the years. The smell of stamped in beer and wine from the carpets is foul. The selection of wines is pretty poor and overpriced and the food is average at best. Irish pub? Grottsville pub, more like. If you have to go there get an outside table to save yourself from inhaling the carpet fumes.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Lizziebackcourse
Swansea
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2011

Just come back from a 3 week holiday in Australia. We need 2 double rooms for 1 night before travelling to Rottnest Island. We were recommended Rosie O'grady's to stay by a receptionist in Forte View ,Margaret River. All I can say is she must have a weird sense of humour or maybe she doesn't like the Welsh! We paid up front for 2 double rooms with air-conditioning. They cost $170 per room. On the plus side the beds were clean & the showers were good. Other than that, it was grubby & in desperate need of a make-over. There were tea & coffee making facilities in the room but when I asked for an extra tiny carton of milk (as each room had only 1 carton) I was told to help myself from the kitchen/tearoom at the end of the corridor. There, in the fridge, was several large containers of milk, plus lots of jam, butter etc. as if it was hostel accommodation. If the rooms had been cheap I wouldn't have minded but I wasn't expecting this sort of standard for the price.

Room Tip: I wish I had checked the rooms before paying. I would in the future!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank loopySwansea

Travelers are raving about these Fremantle hotels

Perth, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2011

I have lived in Perth for the last couple of years and as pubs go in Perth i really held this venue in high regard and whenever i am visiting Fremantle i did'nt need much of an excuse to drop in for a pint or two.
However on a night out around a couple of weeks ago with my brother visiting from scotland for 2 weeks and a friend my opinion has drastically changed.
Firstly all 3 of us are in our 30's , and we are all very professional individuals with solid backgrounds and i have never known any of us to get in any sort of trouble on a night out.
It was early evening on a Saturday night , my friend had gone to the toilet leaving my brother and myself standing by the bar when the bar staff informed us that myself and my absent friend ( Now in the toilets ) had in their opinion had enough beer and we were to continue drinking water.
A conversation ensued because we were convinced they must have a case of mistaken identity ,i kid you not , we were probably only on our 3rd pint of the evening and discussing boring work issues .
Finally we requested the manager who after a conversation with myself reversed his decision regarding the water consumption for myself but refused to do so with my unsuspecting mate still in the ablutions. Eventually my friend returned to be told the news and expressed his disbelief.
Surely if a manager of a public house reverses his decision this in itself would suggest a degree of incompetance and i have never experienced such an injustice for simply having a beer and minding our own business.
Further more i have been in this establishment previously when punters have been so heavilly intoxicated they could barely stand or they were vomitting in the ablutions. Nobody was asked to leave.
When our conversation with the manager was in full flow a boncer / doorman stood to the side of us frantically chewing gum as if he was baying for trouble though not sure what he could have done against all 3 of us who are reasonably big blokes , perhaps he was trained by Steven Seagal or something !
Honestly this episode was pathetic , it was as if they just had to throw someone out or be seen to restrict somebody to drinking water to make up some sort of quota or maintain some kind of power trip because they were bored
Completely unprovoked decision i,m afraid and as much as i enjoy living in Perth it is little wander they cannot attract the numbers of tourists they would prefer with draconian attitudes such as this .
I will not be visiting this establishment again and will be advising my many visiting friends and family against doing so.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2011

I stayed in rosie's Irish pub for 2 nights. i paid $90 for my studio room. there is no internet in the room (however, internet is available in the deluxe room) which is a bit disappointing. Other than that, Rosie 's pub is actually centrally placed in the hear of fremantle. just a few mintues away from internet cafe, cappuccino strip and supermarket.

i had a queen size bed for myself which is exactly what i wanted. the TV in the room is a bit small. but there is nothing else to complain about.

in general, i had a good rest in Rosies.

Room Tip: try wotif
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business