“Nice place, but very noisy.”

Arundels Boutique Bed & Breakfast Accommodation
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Fremantle
Darwin
“Nice place, but very noisy.”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

We stayed here recently for 2 nights, the room was a lovely victorian style, quite small and as per previous reviews, tiny bathroom. Our room was right near the front door, the lights in the hallway were very bright and left on all night, so lots of light coming under the door. The noise from other guests coming and going woke me up constantly through the night, which was annoying and made me very tired. Good points were the breakfast and location. Given the noise I'm not sure that I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank onedaylikethis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Albany, Australia
Reviewed April 7, 2014

I found the 3 bedroom apartment to be quite nice and large and roomy. The walls could do with a bit of a patch up and a lick of paint and a good wash now and then. Even though its self contained I'd be reluctant to use any of the cooking equipment unless I scrubbed it well before hand. Just as well the resturants are close by. Another let down was the free wifi that doesn't work if you step 2 foot away from their office door

Room Tip: Close to Hospital and Freo strip
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Lacombe, Canada
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Judging from the comments from other contributors, we must have stayed in the smallest room in the place, in fact, with two suitcases and other baggage, there was almost no room to move in the room. The bathroom was the smallest I have ever seen in a hotel, with just enough room for one person to stand. Having said that, the location was perfect, being close to the centre of town, with many restaurants nearby. Also, the continental breakfast saves going out to eat. Overall, though, this was just too little room for the money and we wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bernie P
Perth, Australia
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Found this place on tripadvisor and decided to try it as an alternaative to The Esplanade where we normally stay in Freo. We were not disappointed at all. Very friendly staff who provided check in info and the lady who was there cleaning the rooms etc, was also very helpful. The room was beautiful, with a very large and comfortable bed as well as a spa bath! The room itself was spotlessly clean, as was the bathroom. This place has real character which is lacking in the bigger hotels. We were close to the veranda but did not find the room noisy at all. The breakfast was lovely. Locationwise this place is great, close to the strip, bottle shop across the road and the best Chinese in WA round the corner (Joy Kitchen). Would recommend and would defintely stay again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank em_cc71
Perth Coast
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Loved the closeness to fremantle hospital. Was mid priced and very clean. Would recommend to family an friends. Great stay but I do not like this review being 200 words or more? I gave said what I wNted too, thank you

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Quickbeds

1 Thank Tammy F
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I'll start off this review by saying I was a little hesitant staying here at first. My partner booked it and I didn't do my normal research until the day before we arrived. The first review I read was that it was noisy so I had a negative feeling about it from the start. Also, when we were dropped off upon check-in, I didn't think it looked to be anything all that great. However, once we got in, I was pleasantly surprised. We stayed in the one bedroom executive apartment. There was tons of space to spread out, which is something my partner and I need with all of travel gear and gadgets. Everything worked except the internet. It was very nicely and comfortably decorated. All rooms had ceiling fans and good a/c units. The kitchen was great, bed and sheets comfortable, the shower pressure was good, which is always a bonus in my book. The front door is a little tricky but once you figure it out, it's ok...keyless entry. The location is great. Very close to the Fremantle Markets in one direction and the water with lots of restaurants in the other. Joy Kitchen on the corner has some of the best Asian food I've had...highly recommend it. There is a construction site right next door to the apartments but during the time we were there, Fri-Sun, no work was being done so it wasn't an issue for us. Since this was a self-contained apartment, the free continental breakfast wasn't included so don't expect it if you book this room. This is a perfect place to stay for a couple and we would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Executive Apartment is a one-bedroom (2 story), self contained very spacious room. Out the front doo...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank smattox114
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

Average accommodation, noisy and badly priced. The room is clean. TV did not work. The place was noisy from people keying in and out the complex. The renovation next door did not help either. The cost of the room was approximately 200 AUD per night. Breakfast was ok. Location was good. I also stayed in their managed townhouse in Ellen Street. The room was very basic. It was old but clean. I will never recommend the accommodation they managed to others.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business