“Good craft beer :-) ”

Ranked #33 of 347 Restaurants in Fremantle
Cuisines: Pizza, Australian, Fusion, Brew Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Monk Brewery & Kitchen delivers Award-Winning, hand-crafted boutique craft beer and farmhouse cider brewed on site in our small batch brewery. You can even meet the brewers as they show you the inner-workings of the brew house! We also love to serve local and global wines and Monk Cocktails. Our chef's love using fresh and local, seasonal ingredients to create drink buddies that are perfect for our craft beer and cider or beautiful Mains (Monk Feasts). Our Monk Loft (on our first floor) overlooks the cappuccino strip (South Terrace) and is ideal for your fashion show, launch, wedding or private event. We are passionate about what we do and welcome you to The Monk!
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

Stopped in for a couple of pints and some food. Beer was excellent, I'd definitely recommend the chief, the blend of Citra & Amarillo hops made for very tasty brew. The seasonal beer; Uncle Dunken was also delicious. Food not as good as the beer. Quite pricey for what it is. Pizza pretty good. Vegetarian baked halloumi stack was uninspired. Overall definitely visit for a drink but possibly eat elsewhere.

1  Thank pubsteppin

Reviewed April 19, 2014

A great breakfast. Eggs Bonny and a French toast and we were both happy... My wife enjoyed the coffee and I had the Monk Rauch which was Devine.

1  Thank TroyLBrand
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

I went to the monk on a Sunday with my partner and his family. The service was friendly and prompt and the food was delicious.

1  Thank perthy_88
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Monk, great place for lunch, we had a selection from the bite size meals & shared like tapas. My husband had a pint of porter,I had their cider,both were most enjoyable. The staff were most warm & helpful, a great vibe.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

I last visited this restaurant some 12 plus months ago and it was good. I took a friend here for dinner on the strength of that, and was somewhat embarrassed. I don't get the grungy gear worn by the staff, for God sake smarten them up a bit. Staff were not really interested in their job on the Tuesday night we visited. Sorry I won't go back there are many more café/restaurants to choose from in Fremantle or the greater Freo area.