We stayed here after reading many reviews on Trip Advisor. The hotel is in the center of Lauterbrunnen and our room had a wonderful view of the falls. We were on the 3rd floor (no lift, so keep in mind if stairs are an issue). Small balcony to enjoy the view. the bathroom is clean, but dated, felt more like a cruise ship bathroom. Overall clean and sufficient. we didn't come to stay in our room. The breakfast was disappointing. A weak choice of cheese, on meat (some type of cheap bologna) bread, croissants, cereals, but no sweet rolls or pastries. No eggs. Very basic. The restaurant on the other hand was fantastic. Food was fresh, innovative and tasty. Fondue was fantastic and the fresh venison really yummy. ice cream, well swiss ice cream is just the best.
the owner is happy to give reocmmendations of things to do and how to get there. Overall a good value for a great location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our friendly, family run hotel is in the centre of Lauterbrunnen, only a 5 minute walk from the train station, not far from the famous "Staubbach" waterfall. Lauterbrunnen itself is situated in one of the most awe-inspiring settings in the world. Ideal for summer and winter vacations. We also have a popular restaurant serving typical Swiss dishes and other tasty things. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and Hotwire so you can book your Hotel Oberland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oberland Hotel Lauterbrunnen
- Hotel Oberland Lauterbrunnen, Switzerland - Jungfrau