Just spent two nights at this little hotel in the middle of the small town of Lauterbrunnen. First, if you are lucky and hit this place when the skies are clear, you will be greeted with 'jaw dropping' scenery ... one of the most scenic places we have ever been. The hotels rooms are simple, but quite comfortable. We had a double bed, and a balcony where you could sit for hours amazed by the view. The place is perfect as it is about 500 feet to the train station, another 300 feet to the gondola, and the hotel's restaurant serves very good food! The staff at the hotel are some of the friendliest we've ever encountered and immediately asked us if we needed suggestions or help with sightseeing or the attractions of the area. They can even issue tickets for the trip to the Jungfrau Joch, which is a must see if the weather is good. The trip up the near side of the mountain to Murren, Trumelbach falls, and a walk along the valley floor are also must do's! Lauterbrunned is indeed a memorable place ... about as good as it gets!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our friendly, family run hotel is in the centre of Lauterbrunnen, only a 5 minute walk from the train station, not far from the famous "Staubbach" waterfall. Lauterbrunnen itself is situated in one of the most awe-inspiring settings in the world. Ideal for summer and winter vacations. We also have a popular restaurant serving typical Swiss dishes and other tasty things. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your Hotel Oberland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oberland Hotel Lauterbrunnen
- Hotel Oberland Lauterbrunnen, Switzerland - Jungfrau