We used the Hotel Oberland as a base from which to explore the Alpine attractions in the Lauterbrunnen area. The hotel is just a few hundred yards from the BLM service to Murren and the Shilthorn, the Lauterbrunnen banhof (railway station), and the Staubbach waterfall. The more famous Trummelbach Falls are just a short car ride or long walk away (2 miles).
The hotel is typical of rustic tourist hotels in rural areas: cheerful and comfortable, but with cheap furniture, barely functioning internet, and overall under-investment in infrastructure. Of course, the reason to come here is the location, not the hotel. There were some minor signs of mold in the bathroom, and in general the hotel needs a facelift. On the other hand our room was very large, had a balcony, and had a view of a gorgeous waterfall -- who could ask for more?
Free breakfast included boiled eggs, fruit, cereal, and incredible Swiss brown bread.
Overall, we had a very pleasant stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our friendly, family run hotel is in the centre of Lauterbrunnen, only a 5 minute walk from the train station, not far from the famous "Staubbach" waterfall. Lauterbrunnen itself is situated in one of the most awe-inspiring settings in the world. Ideal for summer and winter vacations. We also have a popular restaurant serving typical Swiss dishes and other tasty things. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Oberland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oberland Hotel Lauterbrunnen
- Hotel Oberland Lauterbrunnen, Switzerland - Jungfrau