We stayed 2 nights in Lauterbrunnen and was very glad that we chose this hotel. Hotel is very near the train station. Lauterbrunnen is a good base if one is visiting the schilthorn, murren, staubbach falls, jungfrau and its half an hour to Interlaken. We even took the ferry from Lake Brienz to Interlaken after our visit to the Ballenberg museum and back to Laurerbrunnen. View from the train throughout was perfect with streams, valleys and falls.
A sincere thanks from us to Beverley for guiding us on the places to visit. She gave us a precise recommendation without us asking at all and we did some unplanned visit which turns out to be a good one. Thank you Mark for assisting us with the luggage and Ursula for checking if we are doing good. These are the people that makes our stay memorable with their presence.
A self service laundry can be found just opposite the hotel which is a pure convenience. 5chf per load of the laundry or dryer. The area itself is very quiet and peaceful. Anyone would love to stay there. We are given a 4 bedded room on the 2nd floor with a balcony facing the valley. Our family spend most of out time on the balcony provided with tables and chairs.
Rooms are basic, small bathroom. Spick & span. Simple amenities provided. Clean towels and bedsheets. Its an old hotel with a beautiful swiss charm that you will never get to feel around downtown. I can continue raving endlessly .... Look no further, stay in this hotel and you will never regret. However do not expect gadgety stuff or 5 star amenities. The 6 star service rendered and the lovely views are just enough for a lovely stay...
Lots of Love : Kamisah & family
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our friendly, family run hotel is in the centre of Lauterbrunnen, only a 5 minute walk from the train station, not far from the famous "Staubbach" waterfall. Lauterbrunnen itself is situated in one of the most awe-inspiring settings in the world. Ideal for summer and winter vacations. We also have a popular restaurant serving typical Swiss dishes and other tasty things. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Oberland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oberland Hotel Lauterbrunnen
- Hotel Oberland Lauterbrunnen, Switzerland - Jungfrau