Hotel Oberland
Hotel Silberhorn(Lauterbrunnen)
$213
$117
  • Restaurant
Hotel Alpenrose Wengen(Wengen)(Great Value!)
$209
$250
Hotel Horner(Lauterbrunnen)
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Steinbock(Lauterbrunnen)
All reviewsno elevatorfonduetrain stationhotel restaurant isowners and staffsmall balconyfriendly hotelboth nightsboiled eggsroom was spaciouslauterbrunnen valleyhot chocolatethoroughly enjoyed our staythe main streetswiss alpsfirst floorhighly recommend hotel
Reviewed August 3, 2011

My wife and me were staying in the Hotel Oberland for 5 nights, overall we enjoyed staying at here and Lauterbrunne is an excellent hub village for you to discover the region.

Likes:
1) Cleaningness level of the room
2) Breakfast is fairly good
3) Central location just a few minutes walk from train station
4) The landlady and front desk lady were helpful and polite.

Can be better:
1) Wi Fi is not connectable to our room (perhap in the corner of the building ..) therefore we needed to stand at corridor or went down to 1/F living room for internet access every time.
2) Attitude of restaurant staff is not friendly, (we had dinner once in the restaurnat but we decided not to go again becasue of that..) however I think they don't care as the restaurant is always getting very busy..

Overall, I would recommand this hotel if you are going to stay at Lauterbrunne!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EH613
Reviewed July 31, 2011

Thank you Mark and Ursula, also Beverly. We stayed for 4 nights in our requested room overlooking the main street and the fields beyond. It was great to watch the little trains plying back and forth. In the evenings we enjoyed a pre-dinner drink at the side of the hotel on comfortable armchairs, and then sitting on the terrace for our lovely evening meal each night. The room was spacious and clean. The owners and staff are very friendly and attentive. What a wonderful place to stay in such a beautiful valley. There is so much to do in the area. Our fourth time. We will hopefully return next year.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2011

I arrived in Lauterbrunnen on the evening of May 31. I actually didn't stay in this hotel. Went there to use their public phone but this lady in charge used her own phone to contact the owner of the apt I was renting. I went there twice for her help the same evening and she willingly helped. This is despite the fact that I was NOT staying at the hotel. If she can go out of her way to help a complete stranger, imagine the service she'll render to her guests.
I didn't even get her name as I was really stress out when the caretaker was not there to hand me the keys. We (group of 8) were really tired from our London flight and the 2 hours journey from Zurich.
I would really like to thank her from the bottom of my heart for her kindness. I will always remember her kindness to a stranger. I hope one day soon to go back to Lauterbrunnen again. THANK YOU AGAIN!

Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Yap Y
Reviewed July 5, 2011

Simply an excellent place to stay. Just a few minutes walk from train station. Simple, clean, comfortable bed. Room 38 had a great view of the waterfall, the Alps and the stars on a clear night. And the people are the friendliest and most helpful. Beverly made reservations a breeze, and Ursula is the sweetest host. Ate at the restaurant every night....didn't intend to, but why not when it's that good. Will definitely be back...hopefully soon. :)

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank raylee11
Reviewed July 4, 2011

Our group of 9 stayed in Hotel Oberland for 3 nights in June 2011. The location of the hotel is only 250m away from the Lauterbrunnen train station. It is very convenient and along the stretch of road, there are shops and convenient shop.

Mark & Ursula are very kind and helpful. Arranged 3 rooms on the same level for our convenience. They gave us many tips and information during our stay.

The restaurant within the hotel is great. We had Cheese Fondue, Rosti, Pizza and a wide range of main course to choose from. Special thanks to Chris, one of the Restaurant staff, who is full of enthusiasm and great attitude.

Just on the right side of the hotel, there is a bicyle rental shop , we rented bicyle where we cycled along the valley of Lauterbrunnen, beautiful. Not cheap, but you get great atmosphere, lovely scenery and nice weather.

We had a great stay in Hotel Oberland. Would like to come back again during winter, though some years to come.

Thanks Mark, Ursula, and Chris for your warm hospitality.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family