Arrived late in the afternoon, we still were lucky to get a room. The room itself was not yet renovated, but had a lot of 'Swiss charm' (wooden walls, wooden ceiling...) and even a kitchenette (which was unexpected). Bathroom was sufficient and clean. Beds were fine too. Mind you, when we travel, we aren't looking for luxury, but for stories to tell when we get back home.
We were convinced by the receptionist (funny big guy) to have dinner at their own restaurant, he mentionned game season just started and they had some deer on the menu. Unfortunately, prices were a bit too high for us, so we went for some more traditional Swiss comfort food (sausages!). Service was very good. Breakfast next morning was also good.
Overall, a hotel to remember. We were only in the Alphs for one night and one day, but this hotel offered us what we were looking for: Swiss charm, although a bit overpriced (but we all know Switzerland is a bit expensive).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The typical-Swiss-chalet-hotel (orignally built in 1671) is located in the heart of Lauterbrunnen, a three-minute walk from the train station and has a bus stop at the front door. 25 cosy rooms with different sizes, 23 of them with bath or toilet. Radio, TV, telephone, W-Lan and safe is standard, 11 have a balcony. Lift. Typical-Swiss-restaurant with open-fire (winter), breakfastbuffet with many local specialities, 3-course-halfboard-menu or à la carte, for example Swiss-cheese-Fondue or meat from the hot-stone! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Restaurant Schutzen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Schuetzen Hotel Lauterbrunnen
- Hotel Restaurant Schutzen Lauterbrunnen, Switzerland - Jungfrau