What a wonderful place! We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights while touring around Europe. On arrival, the hotel staff were very helpful and friendly. We were in room 19 which was a double room with bathroom and balcony facing up the valley and at the waterfall. I admit the room was very small and basic but it made it feel that much more cosy. The room may have been small but the balcony and view made up for it - you could lie in bed and watch the waterfall.
The hotel facilities were good and breakfast was great although only cold foods were served.
The location of the hotel is perfect as it has an unspoilt view up the valley and the train station is only a short stroll away down the valley where you can get a train to Wengen (15min) and Interlaken (20min).
Overall, I did not want to leave and will definitely be returning again soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a modest middle class hotel. Built in 1890 and put to a new use as a bed & breakfast; enjoy the charm of our landmark hotel in a friendly, informal atmosphere. Only an 8-10 minute walk from the train station, we are the perfect base to explore the region, close enough to enjoy the best views in town of the Staubbach falls but far enough away to stay dry. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Staubbach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staubbach Hotel Lauterbrunnen
- Hotel Staubbach Lauterbrunnen, Switzerland - Jungfrau