My husband and I have stayed at Hotel Staubbach twice, most recently in May 2009. We travel extensively in Switzerland, and we will definitely be back. Each time we have stayed here we have had a room on the south side of the hotel, with a balcony overlooking the Lauterbrunnen valley and Staubbach Fall. The view must be seen to be believed; it is absolutely gorgeous!
The hotel staff are also wonderful. They are consistently cheerful, friendly, and helpful. They'll stop by your table at breakfast to answer any questions you might have about the area, providing information about local transportation, hiking trails, activities, etc. Theirs is the warmest welcome I have ever received at a hotel.
The hotel itself is also charming-- a well-cared for building with thoughtfully designed rooms. Our only (minor) complaint is the bed: Although comfortable enough, the beds in the double rooms are actually two twin beds pushed together, but this is typical of Swiss hotels.
Finally, the breakfast is delicious and substantial. We hope to return many times in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a modest middle class hotel. Built in 1890 and put to a new use as a bed & breakfast; enjoy the charm of our landmark hotel in a friendly, informal atmosphere. Only an 8-10 minute walk from the train station, we are the perfect base to explore the region, close enough to enjoy the best views in town of the Staubbach falls but far enough away to stay dry. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Staubbach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staubbach Hotel Lauterbrunnen
- Hotel Staubbach Lauterbrunnen, Switzerland - Jungfrau