What could you not enjoy about this hotel. Our initial booking correspondence was answered quickly. Upon arrival, our receptionist was full of delight and information about the hotel and surroundings. Yes, the hotel is dated, and could do with some minor touch ups here and there, but it was all about the people, overall atmosphere, and ambience. The ladies that worked the breakfast buffet (delicious and plentiful), seemed to enjoy what they were doing, with a smile and a friendly greeting, Each morning, we would check in with reception, and run through our daily plans, and would be guided on where they thought we could improve on our days outings-every suggestion made was spot on, Dont expect a luxury hotel-because this is not what we have, We have based the score on what we have received, and it was without flaw, There is one item i believe that could be changed, or made aware of. We were on the top floor at the back of the building with a magnificent view of the falls. Obviously, this room comes at a premium-we paid this and received what we had paid for-a view without equal. Only problem was that the room next door, had been converted into a sitting room/thoroughfare, with access to the balcony and the magnificent view. This presented us with a multitude of different people on the balcony each night when we were back in the room. Dont get me wrong, this was there for everybodys enjoyment. That said, maybe if i new that this was the case with the room, or that we could of utilised this PRIOR to booking, maybe we may not of got a waterfall view room, and just got a cheaper one and spent each night on the balcony like the others. This was by far not an issue, or enough to downgrade the rating, as we found the overall experience to be exceptional. Maybe utilise this to your benefit, get a cheaper room, and make the most of the magnificent scenery afforded.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a modest middle class hotel. Built in 1890 and put to a new use as a bed & breakfast; enjoy the charm of our landmark hotel in a friendly, informal atmosphere. Only an 8-10 minute walk from the train station, we are the perfect base to explore the region, close enough to enjoy the best views in town of the Staubbach falls but far enough away to stay dry. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Staubbach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staubbach Hotel Lauterbrunnen
- Hotel Staubbach Lauterbrunnen, Switzerland - Jungfrau