The Hotel Staubach is what you imagine a Swiss Alps hotel should be like. The hotel which dates back to the late 1800's is old but well kept. My favorite feature is the mighty Staubach Falls which seems to be located right across the street - awesome.
The breakfast is extensive from egg choices to cheeses to fruits to granola, etc., etc. The staff is the best we encountered in our 19 day trip to Europe. They are very helpful and will go the extra mile to accommodate your requests. Our favorite was Lucy, who works the front dest. This delightful and beautiful young lady is very knowledgeable of the entire area and is very helpful in providing information to help plan a day in this beautiful part of the world.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a modest middle class hotel. Built in 1890 and put to a new use as a bed & breakfast; enjoy the charm of our landmark hotel in a friendly, informal atmosphere. Only an 8-10 minute walk from the train station, we are the perfect base to explore the region, close enough to enjoy the best views in town of the Staubbach falls but far enough away to stay dry. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Staubbach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staubbach Hotel Lauterbrunnen
- Hotel Staubbach Lauterbrunnen, Switzerland - Jungfrau