Have to say that Angie and her staff are as nice and friendly people as we have met in our travels. The hotel is rustic but in good condition and very clean. Our room was a good size and we had a good view of the hill up to the village of Wengen. On one side of the hotel is a balcony to view the Staubbach Falls. I told Angie that the falls reminded me very much of the Pissing Mare Falls in Newfoundland, Canada. She told me she would never forget that name. Besides a very good breakfast that is included with the room, there is coffee and tea available for free all day long and this is the only hotel in our now 10 total weeks of traveling Europe that we could remember actually having ice available. There are a number of good restaurants nearby in Lauterbrunnen. This area of the Alps is beautiful and Hotel Staubbach is definitely a great place to stay and enjoy the serenity and beauty of the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a modest middle class hotel. Built in 1890 and put to a new use as a bed & breakfast; enjoy the charm of our landmark hotel in a friendly, informal atmosphere. Only an 8-10 minute walk from the train station, we are the perfect base to explore the region, close enough to enjoy the best views in town of the Staubbach falls but far enough away to stay dry. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Staubbach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staubbach Hotel Lauterbrunnen
- Hotel Staubbach Lauterbrunnen, Switzerland - Jungfrau