“Wonderful Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Camping Jungfrau

Camping Jungfrau
“Wonderful Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

Saw this site about 15 years ago when walked past. Got here eventually. Very very picturesque. Waterfalls all around. Here with Eurocamp and can see the Staubach Falls from my bed. Fabulous. Most important excellent restaurant. Go for the traditional Swiss.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Vivienne W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2014

positive
very great idea for family to stay here. It's not that difficult to get here. There's the shuttle bus service from train station to camping jungfrau.. very useful. last bus is 19:00 so if u have luggages, u must arrive earlier than 19:00. the location of this camping is gorgeous, waterfall at the back, among natures and greens. In the mobile home u can find any facilities here. Kitchen with all equipments, Refrigerators, radio. Clean and tidy room. From camping u can take the bus to Lauterbrunnen train station and get to Jungfrau or Schilthorn easily. The staff are extremely helpful. I arrived there after 18:30 and staff at restaurant called sb and give me useful maps and brochures and keys. Staff at restaurant are unbelievable effective and helpful. Even in busy time full of customers, They explain us how to do fondue and keep asking me do u need sth? Everything ok? She gave little girls a paper and color pencils in busy time.. I've never seen care-service like this before, very impressed. The woman name Aline at the reception is helpful and smiley, she is another information center for me and her suggestion is quite useful. One day hot water wasnt work. I called staff who worked there and he came replace a new one effectively. You can leave luggage here but hav to deposit and get it in working hours (8:00-18:30). All in all, I would highly recommend anybody to stay here. And I'm sure I will book this place again.
Negative
-the reception and shop closed at 18:30, a bit too early
-there's no freewifi but u can use internet at internet cafe

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Than D
Yelverton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

We camped here for three nights in September 2013.

Our initial reaction was that it was a clean and tidy ( as one would expect in Switzerland ) site with all the amenities we would require.....shop, restaurant etc. We were greeted by a friendly chap on a bike who welcomed us and showed us to our pitch, our hearts sank a bit when we saw that the tents being erected on the adjacent pitches belonged to a party of 18-30's but, we needn't have fretted as we didn't hear a peep from them the entire duration of our stay. The chap on the bike enforces a very strict 'no noise after 10pm' policy.

Everything was immaculately clean and the shop had a good range of general items as well as fresh croissants every morning, the restaurant was good value for money and served appetising and tasty dishes. The reception staff were helpful and knowledgeable but the 'piece de resistance' was the shower/toilet/general utility block. Newly built, it had plenty of lovely showers and toilets, washing facilities for dishes, comprehensive laundry facilities (including tumble dryers and irons) and..........get this, it even had a dog washing room!!! What bowled us over however was (and fellow campers, I know you'll appreciate this)that it was centrally heated, had automatic sliding entrance doors and double glazing!!!! Oh, and a walk-in communal drying room for all your wet clothes, towels, boots etc. Now, it can get a bit chilly and damp in a tent in September in the Swiss Alps so this block became our haven ( even our Heaven ).

All of the above is well and good and relevant but the only real reason you have for staying here is the superb location and sheer beauty of the surroundings.........go visit and see for yourself.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank gaffermo
Palm Harbor, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

We based here in our camping van for 5 nights. It was busy but did not feel crowded. We were glad we had a reservation. The views from the campground are amazing. The train station is a short walk through town and from there you can access numerous hiking areas each with unique spectacular features. We had intended to stay here for two weeks and would have loved to take our time exploring the area more thoroughly, but we had to combine two trips into one and we just hit the highlights. The campground facilities were clean. The registration staff were helpful and friendly.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dragonflytw65
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

I have been coming here during the winterseason for a few years now. We always book a four person hut, but use it for two persons as they are not too big. With two persons its perfectly fine as it has two beds, a heater and some room to put your stuff and gear.
The accomodation has a small bar and restaurant which are fine. The people working there are also very friendly and helpful.
The location is great, its located close to a waterfall on one side and a river on the other side. During winterseason (dont know during summer) there is a bus coming every half hour at the camping. It brings you to the railstation at Lauterbrunnen. From there you can go up with the gondel to Winteregg or by train to either Wengen, Kleine Scheidegg or Grindelwald.You can also take the bus to Stechelberg from which you can go up to Murren.
All in all if your focus is to wintersport, have a small beer and enjoy a stay at a nicely located quiet camping, this is a good place to visit.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

Only used the take away facilities and the bar. It is excellent.
The menu is extensive and the food excellent. I can recommend the Pizza.
The service is first rate.
I have used them now over several years and they never fail.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Noosa, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

I was lucky I admit, I scored a 3 bed dorm to myself. Ahhh the bliss. Given that the beds were literally beside each other (and no lockers) I was happy with that. The room had a heater so was yummy and warm, however the drawbacks - further to walk from the train station from the other hostel, very noisy as wooden floors so you heard every body moving about. A decent kitchen downstairs and they gave you 30 mins free internet (yeah I bought 3 hours at 15 francs!), and internet only worked downstairs in their lounge area. There was a restaurant on the premises that I didn't eat at because the local pub gave me free wi fi so I went there instead. If I had a camper van I'd definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If your travelling with a buddy, this could be perfect for you. It's clean, warm & cosy. I w...