We camped here for three nights in September 2013.
Our initial reaction was that it was a clean and tidy ( as one would expect in Switzerland ) site with all the amenities we would require.....shop, restaurant etc. We were greeted by a friendly chap on a bike who welcomed us and showed us to our pitch, our hearts sank a bit when we saw that the tents being erected on the adjacent pitches belonged to a party of 18-30's but, we needn't have fretted as we didn't hear a peep from them the entire duration of our stay. The chap on the bike enforces a very strict 'no noise after 10pm' policy.
Everything was immaculately clean and the shop had a good range of general items as well as fresh croissants every morning, the restaurant was good value for money and served appetising and tasty dishes. The reception staff were helpful and knowledgeable but the 'piece de resistance' was the shower/toilet/general utility block. Newly built, it had plenty of lovely showers and toilets, washing facilities for dishes, comprehensive laundry facilities (including tumble dryers and irons) and..........get this, it even had a dog washing room!!! What bowled us over however was (and fellow campers, I know you'll appreciate this)that it was centrally heated, had automatic sliding entrance doors and double glazing!!!! Oh, and a walk-in communal drying room for all your wet clothes, towels, boots etc. Now, it can get a bit chilly and damp in a tent in September in the Swiss Alps so this block became our haven ( even our Heaven ).
All of the above is well and good and relevant but the only real reason you have for staying here is the superb location and sheer beauty of the surroundings.........go visit and see for yourself.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New Service:Free Wifi Internet for all Camping Jungfrau guests ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HostelWorld, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Camping Jungfrau reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Camping Jungfrau Hotel Lauterbrunnen
- Camping Jungfrau Lauterbrunnen, Switzerland