We stayed here in a Eurocamp mobile home for ten days and we loved it. The location is amazing with the views from our deck being of the main waterfall to one side and snow capped mountains to the other.
The accomodation is above adequate and was clean and tidy but showing signs of being tired around the edges. However, we only used it to sleep and eat in so it wasnt too much of an issue.
All the staff on the site were more than helpful and friendly especially those in the restaurant and on site shop. They can also advise you on travel and local information as well as sell train and bus tickets which is very usefull. They have loads of brochures and walking/hiking maps available most of which were free.
We ate in the restaurant most nights and the in addition to the service the food was very well cooked, well presented and plentiful. The local village is only ten minutes walk away and there are plenty of other places to eat and drink as well which looked inviting. The village also has bank machines and a co-op which is a bit cheaper than the on site shop. We had the car with us but local transport is fantastic if expensive and we used the train quite a bit and walked a lot on the well signed and maintained paths.
The only issue we had has been mentioned by a few other reviewers. There are a series of hostels on site and most days 2-3 Contiki bus loads of 18-35year olds who were loud, ignorant and out of place would turn up. The site has a noise curfew between 10pm and 7am which was one of the main things that attracted us but this went by the wayside. Its a shame really as the site is otherwise great for families.
Having said that, we would still go again but try and get further away from the hostels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New Service:Free Wifi Internet for all Camping Jungfrau guests ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Camping Jungfrau reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Camping Jungfrau Hotel Lauterbrunnen
- Camping Jungfrau Lauterbrunnen, Switzerland