“Experience of a lifetime”

Airtime Paragliding
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Flying face-to-face with the snow-capped mountains
Middletown, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Experience of a lifetime”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I can't imagine how my first adventure in paragliding could have been any better. It was perfect weather that morning. My husband and I were in the beautiful Lauterbrunnen Valley in the Swiss Alps. And my pilot, Beni from Airtime Paragliding, was so professional while doing something he obviously loves to do. He was helpful, courteous, and answered all the questions of an extreme novice so confidently that I felt totally safe jumping off a mountain with him. The flight was fantastic, and Beni pointed out the many wonders of the valley while taking some wonderful photos and video. I would whole-heartedly recommend Airtime to anyone who wants to experience the joy of paragliding.

1 Thank Barbara S

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Warrington, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Flying alongside the Eiger, Monch and Jungfrau”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

We were staying in Grindelwald for a week’s holiday as part of my boyfriend's birthday celebrations and as a surprise I booked the Schilthorn Paragliding experience for us both.

From start to finish this was a great experience, in the first instance I emailed Airtime and received a very quick response from Kathryn who throughout the whole booking process was incredibly helpful, she advised on the train journey from Grindelwald to Lauterbrunnen and then contacted us again before we had arrived in Grindewald to advise that we should do it a day earlier due to a change in the weather being forecast. Lucky we did as the day we flew was glorious clear blue skies and the two days that followed were solid rain - thanks for the advice Kathryn.

On the day, the Pilots Benny and Chris were great, so enthusiastic about flying and more than happy to answer any questions we had not only about the paragliding itself but also about the local area and culture etc. Benny even came to pick us up from our accommodation in Grindelwald as we were also advised an early start to make the most of the weather.

They explained everything about the flight really clearly and despite not being able to take off from the top of Schilthorn due to the wind, Benny and Chris were more than happy to try two other locations from slightly lower down to make sure we got the best experience possible.

In total we were in the air for 45 minutes or so and what a fantastic experience, we actually ended up flying higher than Schilthorn despite taking off from the cable car station below it, and the views over to Jungfrau, Monch and the Eiger were quite simply spectacular not to mentione looking down on Lauterbrunnen and surrounding villages.

All in all a fantastic day and we would highly reccommend it!

Visited August 2012
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, United States
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“"Soaring through the Alps'”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

This was an absolutely fantastic experience. Paragliding was something I’d always wanted to do, and it doesn’t get much better than hovering in mid-air over the Lauterbrunnen Valley. The pix and video will be something my wife and I’ll always be able to go back to when we want to remember our trip. Bennie, who runs the operation, is a top notch guy who loves his work and cares very much about whether you had a wonderful time. My wife flew with him and loved it. My guide on the trip was Chris who made me feel comfortable, was explicit in instructions, and gave me a thrilling 360 degree turn of the entire valley. There are so many neat things to do in the Bernese Oberland area, but paragliding with these fellows is well worth the money.

Tulalip, WA
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Tandem para gliding lauterbrunnen Switzerland”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Benny at air time has 25 years experience flying. He is a great Swiss guide too for all that you will see flying over peaks, alpine meadows,waterfalls and steep valleys. this was truly a lifetime event that will fuel my spirit way into my old age. Best experience of my trip to Switzerland. Bruce McNeil

Toronto, Canada
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Switzerland: The way the birds see it”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

My boyfriend and I went to lauterbrunnen for a super quick visit. Before going I had messaged airtime inquiring about flight availability while we were going to be there. I was impressed that 2 weeks later when we had arrived I had a message from them seeing if we were still interested. We are so glad that we ended up going with airtime. Our pilots were great and made us feel safe. You essentially run off a mountain and you are in the air. It is an incredible experience. Our pilots kept saying how great the wind was. They kept us up there for at least 30 minutes (they could've cut it short whenever they wanted but they didn't - they love flying and being in the air was as fun for them as it was for us!). You see Lauterbrunnen I'm the best way possible.
If you have a small camera I suggest bringing it. They will strap it on to you so it is safe. Some of the best pics we have we're taken by me (I still bought the pictures anyway cause he got a couple of good shots of me strapped in - not 40$ worth but in the end, it's a once in a lifetime, and you'll want evidence that you were up there!).