“Beautiful and Charming Hotel!”
Review of Hotel Jungfrau

Hotel Jungfrau
Ranked #14 of 16 Restaurants in Lauterbrunnen
Cuisines: Swiss
Description: Also a hotel for accomodation
Description: Also a hotel for accomodation
“Beautiful and Charming Hotel!”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We real appreciate Rick Steves recommendation to use this hotel. The service started by picking up our luggage at the train station (only 3 blocks away) and it was raining. The staff was helpful and welcoming throughout our 3 night stay. The lady in the breakfast room was real nice and the assortment of food was excellent. They upgraded us to a view room, which is worth paying for because your balcony looks right out at the Jungfrau Mountain. This is a great place to stay, clean, quiet and lovely sitting room and bar.

Visited September 2013

• Thai first
Frederick, Maryland
“Good hotel for the money”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I stayed in the hostel style room. I booked it on Hostelworld.com. There was a friendly lady that welcomed me and took me to my room. The room smelled a bit funky...but it has a direct view of the Staubbach waterfall. It's so close! But for $25 per night, the view made the funky smell worth it. I would definitely stay here again. It's great for young travelers on a budget. This place apparently has an indoor pool, but I was too busy enjoying the outdoors to go check it out. There's a common room with free coffee and tea, and a nice balcony overlooking the town, the waterfall, and the mountains. One night I went out there and enjoyed the stars with the sound of the waterfall in the background... Oh, and there's free WIFI, which is always a plus.

• Visited June 2013
Gig Harbor, Washington, United States
“Not as good as we had hoped”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

We had the fondue and were disappointed. They were very nice but the food was not as good as some of the others on the same street.

Visited September 2013
Adelaide
“Good Value (by Swiss standards), Decent Meal & Lovely Service”
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

We have avoided restaurants in this country due to the exorbitant costs. However on our last night in Switzerland we ate at the Jungfrau Hotel. For 32 francs we ordered a tasty homemade burger and fries, plus a goulash soup with a side of bread. I was concerned that the soup would turn out to be entree sized rather than meal-sized, and was pleasantly surprised by a good sized bowl of tasty soup. The 32 francs also included a glass of wine. Our waitress was friendly and gave wonderful service. Nothing to complain about at all!

• Visited August 2013
Paso Robles
“Look at your bill”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We had an average meal at this hotel restaurant - a chicken curry and salad, which was all iceberg lettuce. The price was reasonable and it was the "special" for the day, so we went with it. We ordered a half liter of wine, but our waitress (who spoke to us in English), said, OK, two large glasses. My husband said again, "1/2 a liter," and the waitress said, "which is two large glasses." When the wine came out, it was indeed two glasses, not necessarily large, and definitely less than 1/2 liter of wine (which we were charged for). When the bill came, we charged it on a credit card, and only when we got back to the hotel did we realize that the waitress took it upon herself to charge us in American dollars, rather than Swiss francs. At no point did she ask us if we had a preference. If she would have asked, we would have declined, since the exchange rate would be considerably higher. We were not given a choice. I would not go back to this restaurant and I cannot recommend it.

• Visited June 2013