“Average place”

Cuisines: Pizza, Swiss
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stopped in for lunch on our way to Wengen. 3 CHF for hot tap water?! We were thirsty, so we to pay. The food was average, at best. The best thing we had there was the french fries- not something hard to do. As a previous poster noted, you do feel like an inconvenience to the waitress even though they were not busy while we were there. It was also very hot inside the restaurant. I would not return here, as there are plenty of other places to eat in Lauterbrunnen.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

Location is perfect - just right across the station. As we entered, there was noone to help us seat..everyone was outside, so we wandered around a bit with someone from the kitchen looking at us but no offer of help! :) Next we found the waitress who asked us sit whereever and when we were about to sit, she said "why don't u move here? this will be easier for me!" -- would it not have helped if she said this when we were looking at her for direction! :) She was overworked for sure, but pity it comes out on customers! Food was good .. and a pleasant smile came on her face as we gave the American-standard 15% tip!

Reviewed June 20, 2012

We had lunch here and had the oddest, most rude experience of any restaurant encounter. Upon sitting, my son asked for water, among the other drink orders of the group. Nothing more was said. He was brought carbonated water, and then he asked politely if he could have still water (no bubbles) instead. (Note that every other restaurant in Switzerland had asked the selection of still or with gas when ordering, this waitress did not...perhaps our issue for not noting...but...)
The waitress paused and gave us the most disgusted look I've ever seen. I thought she was simply joking at first. When she didn't move or change her face, I said, "I'm so sorry...is that a problem to provide still water?". Her answer, "why, yes, it is! I just brought water. I must now charge you for TWO waters." She left in a huff...and had not brought the new water after 15 minutes. We had to ask the manager for this.
The food was mediocre at best, certainly not memorable, but the rudeness of this waitress will be remembered always as the worst service ever. For a small town that relies so heavily on tourism, I am shocked by the lack of flexibility or accommodation by the staff here.

Reviewed May 22, 2012

You got the feeling that you were a bit of an inconvenience to the waitress who took our order for a pizza and calzone. The place is obviously a watering hole for a few of the locals who were having a couple of beers. The pizza dough was handmade but the toppings were out of a jar and had little flavour. The calzone was too doughy and undercooked. The only positive was the Feldschlösschen on tap which is better than the Rugenbrau (Fosters equivalent in my view:-)

Reviewed May 4, 2012

Our hotel recommended this to us, as where the locals go for good food. There was no outdoor seating and the food was just okay.