“Delicious food in an amazing location.”

Hotel Oberland Restaurant
Cuisines: Swiss, European, Central European
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Scenic view, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: The hotel Oberland's restaurant is located in the centre of the village just an easy 5 minute walk from the train station. We are open daily from 11.30 am to the evening. Our menu has everything from soups, snacks and salads, pizzas, pasta, meat and fish dishes and of course traditional Swiss dishes of fondues and röstis. Our extensive desert menu has something for everyone from a small ice cream to our special chocolate cake. Relax in our garden with a cooling drink in summer or in our restaurant with a hot chocolate in winter. Free parking is available and a bus stop a few meters away.
“Delicious food in an amazing location.”
Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

We were pleasantly surprised by our meal at Hotel Oberland. It was fresh, delicious, local food with flair. Yes, you can get the usual Swiss Fondue and Rosti which is always delicious, but we were after something different. I had the lamb with asparagus. I don't often take photos of my meals, but was inspired to do so here. It was a warm enough evening in May to sit outside on the terrace, so we were lucky enough to enjoy the beautiful views of the sun setting over the Lauterbrunnen Valley. The waitress was lovely and bonded with our 2 year old, making sure he was entertained with paper and pens. We really enjoyed our evening and would have returned to eat here again, but unfortunately it was our last night.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Orlando, Florida
“Great quality”
Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

We went here one night for dinner. I'd highly recommend a reservation as its quit small and they seemed to have every table booked. The restaurant had a lot of variety on the menu my husband got the chicken curry which the chicken was great quality and I thought was delish. I got a gluten free pizza which in the states I would have said was small for the price but in switZerland it was right on with price and the quality was still great. My hubby tried the chocolate cake which they claim is a secret recipe and he enjoyed it. For two dinners, two glasses of wine and the chocolate cake with a scoop of ice cream it was 65 Swiss Franks

Geneva, Switzerland
“Best restaurant in Lauterbrunnen”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We have been eating at the Hotel Oberland for years. My Husband loves the Rosti and I am a big fan of the pasta. The service is amazing! You can get local swiss dishes as well as pizza, pasta and curries. I recommend the Apple strudel to finish off the meal!

Geneva, Switzerland
“Tasty rösti”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Dinner was really nice...I have tried the oberland rösti and it was really good.
The staff is really nice and helpful and they all speak english and indulged me with big smiles whenever I have tried to speak german.

Mesa, Arizona
“Great fondue”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Excellent service and a great view of several villages up above (but only if you sit outside). Tasty fondue:)

Visited May 2012