“so expensive”

Tatranska Lomnica Ski Resort
Reviewed January 17, 2014

It's expensive and you have to wait for few hours in the season to get to Lomnicky Mt. top, very exhausting... The trip to the top by the cable lane is separated in 2 - u can either buy cheaper ticket half-way up to the Skalnate Lake only at affordable price or to the Lomnicky Mt. (part 2 of the trip, pricey). It's absolutely worth getting to the Skalnate Lake - it's so beautiful and fast to get there despite of the huge que. But if u decide to buy a ticket all the way to the top in high season it takes few hours altogether - and you have to wait at Skalnate Lake where the amenities are pretty poor with just a simple bar, toilet. It's been very tiring, finally boring and I would not do that again. While we were waiting the weather had changed and when we got to the top we could see nothing besides milky fog around us. But as you have your ticket purchased you either go or u dont no matter the weather at this point. That's the bad part. Do not know how it looks like out-of-season but this waiting has been the biggest nightmare of lovely High Tatra's trip.

3  Thank chocta
"ride"
"cars"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed November 30, 2013

I spent few days in Tatranska Lomnica on my last visit to Slovakia with my fiancée. The cable car was closed the first two days due to bad weather but we were lucky to go up to the very top on the third day. The first part of the trip goes to Skalnate Pleso and then it's another 9 minutes to the peak where you get to spent about 40-50 minutes. Although it was quite expensive I'd recommend it as something to do once as the view was great and we took a lot of amazing photos. I'd also recommend booking ahead as it can sell out.

1  Thank Eva K
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We went by a lift to Skalnate pleso and Lomnicke sedlo. The tickets to Lomnicky stit was sold for this day - it is very often so. The view from the places which we visited was great. We climbed from Skalnate pleso to Tatranska Lomnice - it was very difficult for our muscles, so take a care of it before you decide. But I can recommend the visiting.

1  Thank Radusha
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We were amazed by the view at the lake, this is the second stopping point of the journey. If you are adventurous you can go around the lake and climb the hill. The peak was not worthwile to visit, due to the fog. During the ride you can see that they`re builing a new piste and lanovka system.

1  Thank Meliutazasai