“Fantastiskt house!”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Marina W
“Fantastiskt house!”
Reviewed August 2, 2017 for a stay in July 2017

We real loved this house. We are a big family with two small children. There was room for everyone. And the pool is wonderful. You can visit wonderful Tavira just a short walk, take the car to Santa Lucia and visit Praia Barrill (we realy loved that beach) or stay in the house! I went to the market in Tavira and bought fish, meat, fruit and vegetables, very good and nice price. The kitschen in the house are well equiped for cooking at home both inside and outside. We hade lovely meals both in the house and in Taviras many restaurantes. We hope to come back next year. Sue and Kevin were very helpful and easy to find. Thank you!

Sep 3, 2017
Hi Marina thank you so much for your lovely review. It was a pleasure to have you and your lovely family staying in the villa. We are so happy you had such a great holiday. So many of are guests have rebooked to return next year and we look forward to your return.
Thank you and enjoy the rest of summer.
X Sue
A TripAdvisor Member
“Excellent Villa”
Reviewed June 20, 2017 for a stay in June 2017
person found this review helpful

We had a brilliant family holiday the villa was outstanding, spacious and great indoor facilities and the pool was just perfect the kids never left it all week.

Tavira is a nice quiet town that comes alive at night with open air restaurants and nightly local performers. Some lovely walks through the cobbled streets dotted with local bars and the usual array of little shops filled with nick knacks.

Be careful its very hard to find good restaurants we found one Brisa Do Rio we had to book but it was top class and the same price as the not so good restaurants in the area.

Tip: We shopped at the Gran Plaza the Continente supermarket has all you need and sign up for the shopping customer points card at the information desk when you enter we saved over €100 on our shopping. The top floor also has great fast food restaurants if all other routes fail especially great for kids.

Car not essential walk to town would take 15-20 mins. Local taxi's very cheap at €5.00 and that was for 8 of us!

I would totally recommend the villa to anyone thinking of visiting Tavira and Sue was always on hand if we had a problem. Thank you Sue for a great time and all your help.

Sep 3, 2017
Hi Isabelle thank you so much for your lovely review and your tips on restaurants and Continente supermarket/{Plaza. I do try to make your holiday as special as I can as I do appreciate how important and precious your holiday are. From meeting you on arrival, supermarket shopping and tour of Tavira being there on your last day to wish you a safe journey home. I am on call 24/7 anytime for anything to make your holiday as easy and relaxing as I can.
Thank you so much Isabelle and hope to see you soon.
x Sue
Wybunbury...
Nantwich, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Villa”
Reviewed April 27, 2016 for a stay in April 2016
people found this review helpful

As we walked into this fantastic villa we knew we were in for something special. You have four floors each accessed from the beautiful marble staircase.
The basement consists of a bar with dart board and full size bar football table TV and stereo. To get to the bar you walk through a library with hundreds of books,DVD's, games and also a small area with a desk if you want a bit of quite time reading or writing.
The ground floor has a great living space and the large kitchen even has a filtered water tap for the water so you don't have to buy water in. The clever touches are the glass ware, condiments etc that means you don't have to go out and source those normal little bits and bobs you have to.
The first floor has three large bedrooms but if you have to choose before going claim the master bedroom with its super king, separate dressing room and large on suite with a Jacuzzi bath. There is a main bathroom for the other two bedrooms.
The roof top terrace gives views out over Tavira to the Atlantic.
The outdoor pool is beautiful with some of the your sun loungers on artificial grass so you dont burn your feet getting off. There is a big four seater settee positioned under the master bedroom balcony to sit in the shade.
Then the BBQ area which is something else, you have the BBQ, fridge,sink, extra wide oven and every BBQ utensil to cook hanging on the wall....oh and a 50 inch TV also on the wall if you want to watch whilst cooking. Then theres a shower next too that if you want to cool off.
Then on the roof top arera of the BBQ you have a cpl of rattan settees to sit on under a cool linen pagoda.
The town is a 10-15 min walk away where it is full of local Portuguese restaurants and meals for four with wines and beer worked out at about 50-60 euro.
The decor, cleanliness, and the ambiance of the villa stood out, and so did the helpfulness of Sue the owner who drove us for our first shop and gave us a tour (we got a private transfer from the airport and didn't hire a car due to the closeness of the town)
Sues wealth of knowledge of the local area and where to go to eat etc was invaluable and nothing was too much trouble for her and was all you could ask for as a host.
The four of us loved the villa, its that big if you want a bit of me time there's loads of places to go both indoors and out.
A beautiful villa in a beautiful little Portuguese town!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: All of it.
Liked least: Coming home.
Traveling group: Other
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Sep 3, 2017
Thank you so much for your fantastic and very helpful review on the villa and beautiful Tavira. It was such a pleasure to meet you and as guests in the villa. I do try to make all holidays as special as I possible can and I am on hand to help anytime you need me. Holidays are precious and all of my guests need to have a very special relaxing time to chill out and to go home rested, bronzed and happy.

Thank you so much.
See you soon
x Sue
Mary T
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“A gem”
Reviewed April 14, 2016 for a stay in March 2016
people found this review helpful

I am a teen and my parents brought me and my good friend here, with no description before hand - we were very pleasantly surprised. The beds were some of the comfiest I've ever slept in - I wished I could've packed the mattress in my suitcase! As we went in March (2016) the weather was good, but only around 20 degrees each day so the facilities such as the bar, darts board, table football, HUGE tv and large book collection were very much appreciated! Furthermore, the property was very large, including a sun terrace upstairs with a small table and some deckchairs which my friend and I enjoyed lounging on when the weather was particularly good.
The location was very nice, and on the roof terrace had a great view was to behold. Unfortunately there was no shop 'round the corner to get chocolate supplies but very nice restaurants were in a 10-15 minute walking range and were all very good. The tapas restaurant "D'gusta" was absolutely fantastic and clearly loved by the locals as when we tried to book for a second visit it was all booked till 9:30. Additionally, the steak restaurant 'A taska' was delicious too, despite the unnecessarily long wait for our food to arrive. A thick guide to where to go and where to eat is at the house also.
The main critiques I have are:
• a lack of cleanliness in the bathrooms, the floors being sticky and the baths grimy.
• only one wii control and a broken PS2.
• one broken window door in the bedroom overlooking the pool.
However, these are all easily fixed and personally I see these as insignificant and the pros definitely outweigh the cons.
Sue was very efficient and gave a detailed description on how to get to the house.
Highly recommended!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked least: The quality of the bathroom cleanliness
Traveling group: Teenagers
Your age range 13-17
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Apr 15, 2016
Hi Mary
Thank you for your review. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay.
I am mortified about the bathroom floors and the bath grimy I pride myself in the cleanliness of the villa so I do not know what went wrong there this is the first time I have had a comment and I get guests returning year after.. Only 1 wii control was provided with the console when purchased. Will check out the PSP 2 as I need to replace the games that I told you about on arrival had disappeared it had been working prior but I must admit took me about an hour to detangle all the wires as both the buzz and microphones seem to have got all tangled up together. Have checked out the doors all appear to be in working order but will get an expert into check thank you for letting me know,
I know what you mean about a shop round the corner for chocolate supplies they don't seem to go in for local sweet shops here it is either the supermarkets or garages. We do have an amazing pastry and cake café only 5 minutes away. Have a great summer and hopefully see you again.
Sue
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing