“Boutique hotel with home atmosphere”
Review of Calcada Guesthouse

Calcada Guesthouse
Ranked #2 of 29 Tavira B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 4, 2013

The Calçada Guest house successfully combines a welcoming, at home, atmosphere with the elegance and style of a boutique hotel.
The rooms are decorated in a fresh and attractive way, each with its own colour scheme; it's clear that a lot of thought has gone into the little details, successfully combining simplicity with charm.
The open and relaxing common space - which had a warming fire going while I was there - inspired me to sit on the sofa and read a book in a way that hotel spaces rarely do. Andy and Tasmin were around and were attentive and helpful with local info, but also discreet: the key balance to make one feel genuinely at home. The help-yourself selection of coffee, tea, books and games nicely added to that.

Room Tip: We had a patio room and I liked having the large window: I can imagine that the downstairs patio-acc...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Helen D

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed for a week at Calcada. Andy and Tamsin excellent hosts. Breakfast of fresh fruit, coffee/tea, croissants, toast, yoghurt on the sunny rooftop terrace a delight. Spotlessly clean. By the time we left it felt a home from home.

Room Tip: All rooms have either balcony ot patio.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bob B
Reviewed June 11, 2012

After an lovely but tiring train journey from London to Paris to Irun to Lisbon to Faro to Tavira my wife and needed a couple of days of peace and tranquility before and Algarve family wedding. This lovely guest house/ B&B was the perfect tonic. We stayed 2 delightful evenings and had 2 lovely breakfasts on the roof garden (The finely chopped fresh mint on the fruit salad was spot on). Tamzin and Andy who run the guest house are a great easy going couple who looked after us when we needed something and left us be when we didn't.
I had to do alot of work to do on the first day, so while my wife explored the lovely town of Tavira I sat in the living area at a nice desk and made use of their internet (it was far faster than my central London speeds for sure!). I only wish I could live there as I got twice as much work done in half the time!
If ever in the Algarve again I will search out Calcada and stay for a bit longer, as the only problem was that we didn't stay long enough!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Peter S
Reviewed June 5, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at the lovely decorated Calcada guesthouse. The warm hospitality and the gorgeous breakfast made it a perfect holiday! I’ll definitely recommend it to whoever heads for Portugal and I hope I’ll be able to come back soon.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Elsje C
Reviewed May 23, 2012

We stayed at Calcada Guesthouse for 3 nights. The guesthouse and Tavira are definitely the place to stay on the Algarve. The location is excellent with all the eating places and a free car park within a two minute walk.

The rooms were brand new, spotless, modern and decorated in a very tasteful style. The beds were very comfortable and the towels white and fluffly! Breakfasts, especially when served on the sunny roof top terrrace were fantastic

Andy and Tamsin made us feel very welcome and at home. Their local knowledge was extremely helpful - from sightseeing info (how to get over to the Ilha de Tavira) to where to eat. We had a great time, and would definitely stay here again if we return to the Algarve.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank danielct156
Reviewed May 22, 2012

The Calcada Guest house is a cute little place, new, and very cozy and comfortable. Andy and Tamsin, the owners, live there and are very friendly and accommodating. After choosing this place randomly at the last minute, without knowing anything about it, nor about the town of Tavira, we were very pleasantly surprised to see how pleasant the place was, and it's located in the best possible place: on a charming and quiet cobblestoned street, walking distance to everything, but far enough off of the normal tourist route that it's peaceful and quiet. The place was very clean, and the breakfast - which they serve you on their roof deck, with views of the river - was TOP NOTCH! Thanks for everything, we loved our stay!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank jdsBarcelona
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Have been to Tavira on numerous occasions but this is the first time at this guesthouse. The owners were lovely, breakfast delicious, best sleep for a long time and amazing roof terrace. Would definitely recommend it. Thanks, will be back soon.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple