“Great presentation, great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Jamies Cozinha - CLOSED

Jamies Cozinha
Description: Changing ownership, re-opening end of September, with a new menu to give you a taste of Traditional Portuguese as well as other dishes with some Mediterranian influnces.
Leigh, United Kingdom
“Great presentation, great food”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

This restaurant is absolutely fie, nothing to complain about but you need to budget for 3 courses and anout £30 per head for ameal which is expensive by Tavira standards.
The food is excellently cooked & presented but couod be more generouse is size. Wine is a tad expensive at £14 for an excellent bottle when elsewhere it is £10.

Overall I rate as our third best restaurant in Tavira which is high by ant standards, would say the Empirial is no 2 and the no 1 is in Saint Lucia

• Visited February 2013

Almancil, Portugal
“Dreaming of Mussels!!”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Can't wait until the 7th February when Jamies is back! Been dreaming of mussels all winter! Yummmmmmmmm

Visited February 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Very good food”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Very good food, modern twist on traditional Portuguese dishes. Healthy portions. The restaurant room does not look all that from outside, but once you are inside it is pleasant enough. This is all about the food though, which must almost be the best in Tavira.

Visited September 2012
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Always a delight.”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

My favourite restaurant in tavira. A very thoughtful menu, something for everyone and every meal I have ever eaten here has always been a delight. Just a shame I have to wait another few months until I can go back.

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Best Resturant in Tavira”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

My family and I have been taking vacations in Tavira for several years now and we were very delighted to discover Jamies Cozinha this time. Its a little tucked away and this is why we missed seeing it before. It is well worth finding as for the first time all of us were thoroughly satisfied. It caters for different tastes and as I am a vegitarean and the rest of the family meat eaters its always difficult for me to find a unique delicious meal for myself. My husband and children were thrilled with their steaks, which they said were very tender and delicious. All the meals were beautifully presented, all came at the same time and were piping hot. We all opted for the zucchini courgette starter which kept us returing all three nights, it and the ambience of the resturant were so wonderful. My risotto with beetroot, pine nuts and goats cheese was simply sublime, and I kept returing each night for more as I cant get enough of this wonderful taste. My husband had the shellfish risotto on his second visit and he raved about it. The children kept wanting the steaks. The meals were slightly expensive but you get what you pay for. The service was excellent and attentive yet very discreet. Migual, the host, was absolutely charming, and such a kindhearted, warm, pleasant man. What a lucky find!!

• Visited December 2012